Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

18" Wheel & Tyre Help

Hi Guys!

I deciced to bite the bullet and go for this wheel here in a 18" x 7.5 size Oxigin "Eins"

I have not lowered the car. Will this type alloy wheel style work do ye think and what size tyres should I go for? I have a choice of 3 sizes:

215/35/R18

225/35/R18

225/40/R18

HELP!!

Thanks a million,

Galla_4

Hi Guys!

I deciced to bite the bullet and go for this wheel here in a 18" x 7.5 size Oxigin "Eins"

I have not lowered the car. Will this type alloy wheel style work do ye think and what size tyres should I go for? I have a choice of 3 sizes:

215/35/R18

225/35/R18

225/40/R18

HELP!!

Thanks a million,

Galla_4

I've got the Oxigin 3's on my Veedub at the mo. They are a very hot brand of wheel - the lacquer on them is tough, so if you take care of them they will last you for ever. I have seen this design of wheel on both a BMW 3 series and a Vauxhall Cavalier, and it suits both. I would have to say go for it.

As for the size of the wheel without lowering the car, I would be tempted to say stick with a 17". However, there isn't going to be alot of difference between your current 17's, and these 18's.

You also need to make sure that the Lexus is going to be street legal with 18's. I know that sounds a bit daft but when I upgraded my Veedub's wheels from a 16 to a 17" I was surprised that the front wheels were right on the edge of legal (ie, they are in a straight line with the wheel arch). Check it out before you buy them if you can, unless anybody else out there has 18's ?

The tyre sizes ? Hmmm.....the 215's are going to look more low profile, but you may find that the tyre wall on the 225's fill out the wheel arch a bit better. To each their own I guess.

Good luck, and let us know how they look when you've put them on.

:)

Hi Guys!

215/35/R18

225/35/R18

225/40/R18

HELP!!

Thanks a million,

Galla_4

I've got the Oxigin 3's on my Veedub at the mo. They are a very hot brand of wheel - the lacquer on them is tough, so if you take care of them they will last you for ever. I have seen this design of wheel on both a BMW 3 series and a Vauxhall Cavalier, and it suits both. I would have to say go for it.

As for the size of the wheel without lowering the car, I would be tempted to say stick with a 17". However, there isn't going to be alot of difference between your current 17's, and these 18's.

You also need to make sure that the Lexus is going to be street legal with 18's. I know that sounds a bit daft but when I upgraded my Veedub's wheels from a 16 to a 17" I was surprised that the front wheels were right on the edge of legal (ie, they are in a straight line with the wheel arch). Check it out before you buy them if you can, unless anybody else out there has 18's ?

The tyre sizes ? Hmmm.....the 215's are going to look more low profile, but you may find that the tyre wall on the 225's fill out the wheel arch a bit better. To each their own I guess.

Good luck, and let us know how they look when you've put them on.

18" wheels fit with no problems, thats why lexus offer them as an aftermarket product, most members who have fitted 18" wheels have also lowered the car again with no problems, duncan even managed a 50mm drop with 19" wheels

one thing that is absolutely essential is correct offset,

in my opinion the 18" wheels aesthetically fill the arches better than the 17" wheels, as when the correct tyre profile is used the rolling radius should remain the same

as for legal issues ! .....the offset dictates where the wheel will sit in comparrison with the bodywork not the diameter of the wheel

avoid at all cost wheels that stick out further from the arches, not just for legal reasons but for safety reasons, and possibly the damage to the tyres and bodywork

would look pants as well !

would go for 225 , just to give the rims that bit more protection

Guys!

So You think I can get the 225/40/R18 tyres on the 18" oxigin wheels without rubbing at the front wheel arches on full lock? As ye said the 40mm wall will protect alloy wheels more! How will I know the offset If I am ordering wheels online?

I am getting them from performacealloys.com You fill in the details of car ie MAKE MODEL YEAR and then it produces a list of wheels that fit! Is this good enough?Should I email the supplier and let them sort all that out?

whats specific, your car is not lowered so the general info will be of the best help to you

here you go......

PCD = 114.3mm Offset = 45mm and 40mm

Standard Rim f/r = 17"x7"

Standard Tyre f/r = 215/45-17

(A -40mm drop is possible with this combination)

18" upgrade f/r =18"x7 1/2"

18" upgrade f/r =225/40/18

18" upgrade f/r =18"x8"

18" upgrade f/r =225/40/18

18" upgrade r =18"x8.5"

18" upgrade r =255/35-18

(A -30mm drop is possible with these combinations, however minor arch rolling is needed with the 255/35 combination)

Supercharged

Sorry for wrecking your head! Its just a big investment for me! I need to get this right and dont want it to end in tears!

So below will work for me then once offset is ok? And no rubbing at front?

18" upgrade Front =18"x7.5"

18" upgrade Front =225/40/18

18" upgrade Rear =18"x7.5"

18" upgrade Rear =225/40/18

Thank You Supercharged

Supercharged

Sorry for wrecking your head! Its just a big investment for me! I need to get this right and dont want it to end in tears!

So below will work for me then once offset is ok? And no rubbing at front?

18" upgrade Front =18"x7.5"

18" upgrade Front =225/40/18

18" upgrade Rear =18"x7.5"

18" upgrade Rear =225/40/18

Thank You Supercharged

yes

as long as the offset is between 40 - 45

yes that will work, i understand its alot of money, and im sure you are trying to get the best advice,

This is why i pointed you towards the wheels and tyres section, Dobedo and a couple others did say it would be a fine set up,

you can quite easily accomodate 8j rims on the rear without any modifications, and lower it aswell

i have 7.5 x 18 on the front with 225/35/18 and lowered over 50mm with a 40 offset