Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Are Lexus Cars That Good?

atce4

How reliable are Lexus cars?

Ask yourself this;

How often have you seen a Lexus with the bonnet up?

Ask Bazza's neighbours the same question :lol: That's one clean engine!

In the 18 months of owning my Lexus I have had to put my hand in my pocket to get the wheels refurbished £200 (which I knew about when I bought it)

Errrm thats it! :D

I have owned a lot of cars.Too many to go through on here.(I'M 50) A few of the "NICE" cars I have owned are

BMW 2

MERCEDES

JAGUAR S-TYPE (new one)

PORSCHE 944

LEXUS LS 400

Now my RX 300.

Most of the cars have been 2nd hand 3/5 years old.

Lexus has them all beat hands down. They build a bulletproof car throughout the range. Every marque has its faults even Rolls Royce. And every marque has its following I suspect that somewhere there is a "LADA OWNERS CLUB" and its members will sing its praises!

But when you buy a LEXUS in my opinion its NOT just a car. It's a very nice car,a car with attitude,with class.It makes a statement. So what niggles there are with Lexus always seem to be minor and worth putting up with. Because which ever model you own what would you swap it for? On an even par?

I think that an LS430 owner could only go better to a Bentley.and so on.

I have owned a lot of cars.Too many to go through on here.(I'M 50) A few of the "NICE" cars I have owned are

BMW  2

MERCEDES

JAGUAR S-TYPE (new one)

PORSCHE 944

LEXUS LS 400

Now my RX 300.

Most of the cars have been 2nd hand  3/5 years old.

Lexus has them all beat hands down. They build a bulletproof car throughout the range. Every marque has its faults even Rolls Royce. And every marque has its following I suspect that somewhere there is a "LADA OWNERS CLUB" and its members will  sing its praises!

But when you buy a LEXUS in my opinion its NOT just a car. It's a very nice car,a car with attitude,with class.It makes a statement. So what niggles there are with Lexus always seem to be minor and worth putting up with. Because which ever model you own what would you swap it for? On an even par?

I think that an LS430 owner could only go better to a Bentley.and so on.

I agree with your sentiment entirely.I have owned too many cars to mention, but the Lexus is by far the best of the lot, When in Australia I had a Toyota Camry and both myself and the other half loved this car,and thought about getting one here, I even looked at a 3 litre which was at the dealers where I bought my Lexus , but after a test drive, the Lexus won hands down

• 4 years later...
had a few probs in the is200 like corrsion on the wheels(still there), gas pedal jamming & is NOT caused by the carpet i can tell ya. been sorted now & ERR3, bought aftermarket head unit.

i wouldnt say had no problems when owning a car, must of had i or 2 at least no matter how minor. like saying i never lie......thats a lie.....

if you get err3 on your cd player just switch it to the radio then back to cd, usaully works and clears the message

I've no doubt this will be a contentious issue but having looked around the various LOC forums if I was someone who was thinking of purchasing a Lexus I would probably be put off by all the problems owners seem to have.

For example, there seem to be faults with :-

Tyres.....can wear out after only 8000 miles

Suspension.....knocking from both front and rear

Engine....poor starting

Air Conditioner.....nasty smells

Alloys.....suffer from corrosion

Sun Roof....creaks

Brakes....loud noise caused by loose/worn pins

Fuel tank......difficult to fill

etc,

I'm sure this list can be added to so how come the Lexus marque always does so well in all the surveys? Is it that they are just very lucky owners whose vehicles have never shown any of the symptoms described or are most other vehicles on the road that much worse?

I do have to say that I am very pleased with my Lexus.....maybe I'm just one of the lucky ones (so far)!

Go have a look on a peugeot owners forum, or renault - compare the results and you will see... :)

had mine for 2 years now. only thing thats gone wrong is me nudging a high curb and cracking my front splitter. flew through its last 2 MOT's.

changed the alloys soon after getting it. uprated the brake disks to drilled and grooved as well as Tein coilovers in september and exedy clutch at the beginning of the year.

thats all iv done in 2 years.

got it at 88k now on around 104k. been driven from aberdeen to west sussex (10 hour drive in one go.. dont recommend it lol) and back again twice (2400 miles roughly) and i dont exactly take it easy.

work mate of mine got a new polo 1.4 tdi, owned it for a month now and hes only driven it 78 miles coz its broken so many times. this is a brand new car aswell. its still at the place he got it from trying to fix an electrical problem.

luck of the draw i guess. sometimes ull get an awesome car. other times ull be fixing it 24/7. could always get a moped? lol

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links