Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Spyware!

gazza200

Is it just me that gets like LOADS of spyware these days every time I use the internet?

Have spent most of the weekend trying to get rid of the stuff! Have downloaded a few programs to delete it and try stopping getting it in the first place but every program finds more :crybaby:

Anyone else having the same problems? or is it just me and my dodgy adult websites :lol:

Names of any good programs would be appreciated :)

I use AdWare 6 on mine, it's great for all those site etc - :lol:, also you can use the online scan for perment scanning to keep these cookies etc.... from gathering and slowing your system down

Mate ...... uninstall everything ........ all u really need IMO is ......

Win XP SP2

Ad-Aware

Firefox !! (web browser)

That's all I have .... and I have NEVER had a single pop up ... ... since I can remember !!

Regards,

As ScarFace says,

Pretty much what I'm using except I'm using IE6 with the MS Firewall, with also those Spyware you've got, you are creating more places that can hide rather than cleaning. Each spyware will not scan or remove from secure files that spyware software creat for themselves. Also make sure that when you are setting for custom scanning, you scan all files rather than just unzip/uncrompressed file - ie normal files. Also scan all files, not just ones over a set size.

As the others say:

Mozilla, SpyBot Search & Destroy, AdAware and your pretty much covered!

Infact I use Mozilla (on both PC and Mac) more then IE6. Only time I use IE6 is when I HAVE to with some sites not working properly on Mozilla.

Pretty much the same as as eveyone else

Mozilla Firefox - will never use Internet Explorer!!

Zone alarm - Excellent, and free www.zonelabs.com

AVG anti Virus - Also Free www.grisoft.com

ADaware 6 - easy to use, and very good reputation

Hope this helps

If you have utilities installed, it does seem like your ActiveX security is too low. Up the settings.

Log onto www.spywareguide.com - they have a .REG that has over 300 known spyware activeX controls. They also have many other utilites and point out many ways your machine could be open to these. They go into a lot of detail.

Of course, I have to say this....... use Firefox. A lot of us do!

Thanks everyone

Been using mozilla firefox for ages now and have to agree it sorts all the popups out (loads better than internet explorer)

Just downloaded Ad Aware Se Personal which found another 2 spyware files!

Upped my Active X security settings

Downloaded Windows SP2

Hope it sorts things or the laptop gets it!

I dont like to run software firewalls or adware detection as I find they slow my machines down to much. Plus their a nuisance as they block legitimate cookies and IMOH these products as just as much spyware as spyware is.

I use a hardware firewall on my router and manually clean my windows pc's. Best thing to do is not use internet explorer or outlook.

Best still run Linux instead :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links