Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New And Old

Can anyone tell me how the suspension on a IS200 se has evolved. Mine is a year 2000 and I'm driving a brand new courtesy car (same model) for the next couple of days.

There is a huge difference in the way they handle (new car turns in much sharper) and has much lighter steering.

Is it a difference in suspension components or the way they are set up???????

Running on the same tyres by the way.........

Can anyone tell me how the suspension on a IS200 se has evolved. Mine is a year 2000 and I'm driving a brand new courtesy car (same model) for the next couple of days.

There is a huge difference in the way they handle (new car turns in much sharper) and has much lighter steering.

Just the age.........how many miles have you covered ?

shocks etc are 4 years old..........bushes are worn.............

need some TTE coilovers :P

Just the age.........how many miles have you covered ?

shocks etc are 4 years old..........bushes are worn.............

need some TTE coilovers :P

Got 70K on the clock. Was bought 1yr ago and was supposed to be in as new condition then.

Feels so different not sure i believe its just the age difference.

Just out of interest what are you recomending (are they just springs?) and what does it cost. What about fitting (somewhere in the North East, Newcastle or Gateshead would be best) :question

They have definitely made the steering lighter, mine in a 2002 car, and whenever I get a courtesy car, always notice how light the steering is now. However, I have never noticed any difference in handling. As far as I know, the only difference they made is that the sport models got lowered suspension at some point :blink:

I used to notice how well the newish SEs I got as courtesy cars handled in comparison with my worn 5 year old S. Since I've lowered it with new springs it seems much better than them though.