Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help!

zyjohnny

i m a newbie here! can anyone give me some advise?

there is a W reg IS200 for sale, i check the value of this car on the parkers website, it's around £8200 for the private good, £7300 for the private poor at 75000miles, but on the whatcar website the private is only £7824. i've check the car other day, i found that the exterior and bodywork dont hav any big problems, but when i open the bonnet at the driver side and above headlight, it's easy to sopt that this car has had accident before,it might crash the right hand side of the car, and it's got repaired, also the bonnet is slightly moved to the right hand, but cant really see it! it seems no problems with the engine, the seller told me his brother crashed the car when he was on holiday, he's got hpi cleared as well, does this mean if u had any accidents previously and didnt make the claim,it will not show in the HPI report? how to value this car? is it poor condition?? thnx very much!!!

What spec is the car, there are three types S, SE and Sport (sport being the highest)

Is the car in poor condition? If its obvious the car has been in an accident, then I'd personaly say yes.

thnx mate!!! it's W reg IS200 Sport, generally the car looks fine! it's not really poor! apart from the repaired bit!!! but it's not reported in the HPI, do u think £7500 will be reasonable? thnx!

he's got hpi cleared as well, does this mean if u had any accidents previously and didnt make the claim,it will not show in the HPI report? how to value this car? is it poor condition?? thnx very much!!!

If he damaged the car or even wrote it off and did not go through insurance but repaired it himself it will not show on any hpi report,also if the damage was only slight and not enough to write it of it will not show either,i would have an aa inspection done .sometimes its easier to value a damaged car if it shows on the hpi as you know what sort of damage it has had and can value accordinly,but in this case it could be anything from a slight bump to a total loss .Ask him for the receipt from the garage that repaired the car or even give them a ring to ask the extent of the damage

he's got hpi cleared as well, does this mean if u had any accidents previously and didnt make the claim,it will not show in the HPI report? how to value this car? is it poor condition?? thnx very much!!!

If he damaged the car or even wrote it off and did not go through insurance but repaired it himself it will not show on any hpi report,also if the damage was only slight and not enough to write it of it will not show either,i would have an aa inspection done .sometimes its easier to value a damaged car if it shows on the hpi as you know what sort of damage it has had and can value accordinly,but in this case it could be anything from a slight bump to a total loss .Ask him for the receipt from the garage that repaired the car or even give them a ring to ask the extent of the damage

thnx for the help!!! it's really useful! i might ask AA do the inspection then! and BTW, do u know which website's car valuation is most accurate? cos parkers and whatcar hav big difference! thnx!

To be honest neither of them .the best way to value a car is to look on autotrader ,local papers etc at cars that are same year spec and mileage and see what they are fetching.

thnx for the help! do u know any IS200 hasnt got electric passenger seat , i saw one of this other day! just got confused why is only for the driver seat, is it mod or something? thnx!

You might not want to hear this but as a rule if something isn't right or doesn't feel right its best to walk away. An independant inspection like the AA or RAC might put your mind at rest although they tend to just say its in average condition for the miles or age.

Why not put out a post asking if someone from this site will inspect the car for you. Someone here will be able to help you or know someone who can.

Post the results........ :yawn:

You might not want to hear this but as a rule if something isn't right or doesn't feel right its best to walk away. An independant inspection like the AA or RAC might put your mind at rest although they tend to just say its in average condition for the miles or age.

Why not put out a post asking if someone from this site will inspect the car for you. Someone here will be able to help you or know someone who can.

Post the results........ :yawn:

yea! i agree with u! best thing is walk away! and it's good idea to ask someone from this site to inspect the car for me! i wouldnt mind pay for them if they can inspect, i know AA and RAC will check car like some expert good at the particular cars, such as IS200, so it's better to ask someone know this car well rather than AA, :) :winky: