Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is220d

The latest issue has details of the IS220 diesel using a 2.2 litre diesel, due to be released shortly. exprected price 24k.

Why would anyone want a tank of a thing like that? Let's face it, if you love Lexus like we love Lexus, the last thing we want to be doing is burning oil - even at midnight!!! And 2.2 litres ... I drink more coffee than that!

The latest issue has details of the IS220 diesel using a 2.2 litre diesel, due to be released shortly. exprected price 24k.

Why would anyone want a tank of a thing like that? Let's face it, if you love Lexus like we love Lexus, the last thing we want to be doing is burning oil - even at midnight!!! And 2.2 litres ... I drink more coffee than that!

It will be faster than the current IS200

When the IS200 D comes out, I'll be very interested! The one major issue I have with the petrol engine is the poor MPG. If I can get the style & equipment of the IS, plus better performance AND improved economy, I'm there...

On second IS really like it happy with spec etc, but if can get same performance and better milage diesel might be the way to go, especially as I opted out of company car scheme so get 40p a mile.

Obviously it is great for Lexus if they get more sales. But.........

Thing is I don't want the IS Diesal to become really common by becomming a reps car - like the cheaper BMWs and VWs. It should still have an "aura" that makes it feel unqiue and special.

i had the impression that use to be the case, tho im not too keen on diesels myself, may be from past experience.....even tho diesels come a long way from the past or atleast as they say it has.....

diesel is very popular in europe i just wonder why diesel cars are not popular in Australia / Asia, i mean in hong kong, there is no diesel cars officially sold there now even for 4x4, exception of taxi's/vans & lorries of course.

Diesels are far worse for the environment than people first thought.

they should all be banned !!!!!!

in my humble opinion of course  :D

A friend of mine who is well into studies into cancers and other nasty diseases converted me into a petrolhead last year.

until then i used to think that diesels were better for the environment but after what he told me im staying well clear of them.

:nuke::nuke::nuke: them all !

Hmm found this...

In addition to containing benzene, a known carcinogen, diesel exhaust contains high levels of fine soot, known as Small Particulate Matter, or SPM. The microscopic soot is easily inhaled deep into the lungs.

The worst SPM are particles less than 3.5 microns in diameter. 90% of particles emitted by diesel vehicles are less than 1 micron in diameter. These particles are not easily exhaled, and stay inside the lungs for long periods of time, corroding cells and ultimately leading to tumor growth.

Bound to these tiny soot particles are a variety of toxic polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAH) which are highly carcinongenic. Recently, a PAH called 3 nitrobezathrone was identified in diesel fumes. It is among the most potent carcinogens known.

Diesel exhaust also contains high levels of nitrogen oxides and ozone, both of which are injurious by themselves and combine with other pollutants to create ground level smog

Please bear in mind that Toyota has a very good soot filtering system that doesn't even need additives to work. They are among the cleanest on the market. And if it is in the league of the Honda Accord diesel it is going to be very sweet indeed. I'd say test drive one before bashing it :driving:

RX-Men-8

im not saying that the is220d wont be a great car coz lets face it if its better than the one we drive now, quicker and more mpg then we would rush out to buy one.

but diesels engines are gonna kill us all with cancer if there not stopped or sorted out somehow.

i have to confess that my works car is a diesel :blush: but despite my protests there was not a lot i could do about it

read JAVADUDES post and get informed !!

I had heard a while ago that the diesel for the lexus would be a BMW unit! As they use the Toyota engine for the Mini, it was a swop sort of arrangement - not sure if true or not!

dont know what performance is like for BMW diesels but i did see a newish 530d break down few months ago with 3 people pushing it aside & it seemed quite heavy by looking at it & no it wasn't out if fuel as the petrol station was just accross the road!

I had heard a while ago that the diesel for the lexus would be a BMW unit!  As they use the Toyota engine for the Mini, it was a swop sort of arrangement - not sure if true or not!