Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help - Problem With My V5

petejenkin

Ive just dug out my V5 cos I like to be organised and its nearly time to tax it.

Its just been for a 60,000 service today so I though I would tidy up my nice Lexus Document Wallet. Anyway, I was just glancing over my documents when alarm bells starting ringing.

The car's registered colour is SILVER :duh:

How the hell has that got on there, its gotta be a mistake. The car was one owner from new, it was checked through HPI - all clear.

What the hell is going on - could it have had a respray - no evidence indicating that whatsoever, and if it has, Why - accident? doubt it otherwise it would show up on HPI & Lexus Computer surely.

If I change the colour on the logbook and send it off, it would be registered as a colour change on its history, which could indicate non standard and devalue. If I leave it as it is, it would ring alarms bells with the police if they pull me over or do a check.

WHAT SHOULD I DO. All I know is that Alarm Bells are ringing, its even insured as Granite Sky......

mine says green ,they just go for the nearest colour i have owned green cars listed as blue and toyota celica that was red and had brown on the log book ,i would not worry you will probaly find there are others that have your colour car and thier V5 says silver as well

Ha - that's nothing - mine says Automatic on the V5 - everytime I ignore the clutch it stalls though - so I'm sure it's not !! :blink:

Tried getting it changed when I put the private plate on and it still came back wrong - will worry about it when I sell me-thinks ...

dont bother trying to get it changed it isnt worth the time - i have tried on numerous occasions to get a vechicle colour on the V5 changed, sent the form etc off about 8 times every time a new v5 comes back - old colour. gave up in the end.

• 1 month later...
i think the dvla only recognises basic colours

all the different shades will come under a group colour

hate to think what they would make of maz`s car  :o

Bazzas right, youve got nothing to worry about Pete, mines granite sky and i noticed the same thing a few days after buying my car, called a dealer (not where i purchased the car from) and was told that dvlawill put the generic colour and dont see grey as a colour :duh: stupid cause as paul says above grey is grey :duh: ;)

Its also for the POLICE and buyers. If it comes back as "AZTEC FIRE /PLATINUM ICE / GRANITE SKY " etc. Then those people probably can't relate that to a colour! So they go for the BASIC nearest colour type.