Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Newbe Question Regarding A Amp

Hi,

I have an IS200 SE (early 2001) and want a way of getting the sound from my laptop (with Audigy 2 USB Soundcard) to play through the speakers.

I know the IS doesn't have aux-in, so:

I have tried:

1) FM Transmitter - crap

2) FM Modulator - still naff

3) Tape Adapter (PodGear) - ok but I only seem to get sound from one side and I don't like it wirring around when no sound is being played on the laptop - gets annoying.

So I have read that a few members have added an amp to the IS.

Is it possible to get an amp with aux-in/some way of getting quality sound from my USB soundcard into the lexus sound system?

Was thinking I could pick a cheap one up from eBay with aux-in if possible.

I know absolutely nothing about car audio systems (well except how to turn the radio on! :D) so please explain it in simple terms.

Thanks

The SE and Sport have an integrated Amp already, and what you're after is the holy grail of IS Audio tweaking, a simple switchable Aux input.

There's a few threads on this, and there's a few modification options as well, but if you're not technically minded I'd avoid these.

There's a thread in here about an aux in adaptor being constructed by a forum member which may be of interest to you, although we're still waiting for it to appear (it'll sell like hot cakes when it does though)

JS

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I've read all about the Aux-in adapter by SteveAudioX - unfortunetly its not available yet.

I have seen the knowledgebase/workshop article about adding RCA to the head unit. Not quite sure what that is.

Since the SE/Sport already have an amp - can that be replaced with one with an aux-in option or am I just talking rubbish?