Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I Fitted A Prolex 5500k Hid Kit Today :)

Brettster

Well today I fitted the Prolex 5500k HID kit, I took a few photo's along the way.

Im very impressed with the kit, comes in a well over the top box and was nice and easy to fit, but the instructions written in engrish are next to useless and the photo's in the them are too small and for a different car, hope no one takes a hole saw to their lex lights !!!!

anyway on with the pics, this is PIAA xtreme 4150k bulbs vs the HID kit quite a lot more difference than the picture shows.

Both HID lights in action

night time at the car park

I mounted the power packs for the lights here

and here

Wide shot

I read about changing the fuse's to 20A and 4 come with the kit but im not sure which they are? Fuse's pic ???

and finally some more pics Bright White Lights

Drivers View

another night shot

Very nice!!

Would say i'd like one of these kits, and i know that they do improve the vision at night, but i'm running a set of x-whites in mine, and they do the job just fine!!

Not for me, but they do look nice, well done bud!

Stu

Very nice!!

Would say i'd like one of these kits, and i know that they do improve the vision at night, but i'm running a set of x-whites in mine, and they do the job just fine!!

Not for me, but they do look nice, well done bud!

Stu

my thoughts were much the same

i was using x-whites

but when i changed to HID the difference was amazing

:D

Hear what ya saying bazza, but when you compare the cost to what you actually get, i genuinly don't think thats a justified expenditure!!

Thats my tuppence worth, and by no means a criticism of anyone that buys or sells this kit, i do think it looks the mutts nutts, but it's just too expensive for me!!

Stu

I fitted mine yesterday, and last night driving around was fantastic :)

Easily fitted (although passenger side lamps a killer to get at) and at 6500K they're brighter than those in my last car (Mini Cooper S).

I was a bit concerned about dazzling oncoming traffic, but not a single person flashed me last night, and I drove past a few plod too.

As for the cost v benefit. I do a lot of distance / night driving due to work and the reduction in eyestrain is worth what equates to less than £2 / week for the time I'll own the car (which is only 3 weeks old)

Brettster, mine are mounted on the vertical inclines in front of the wheel arch - haven't got any pics kicking about but in the one where've you've mounted it on the loom cover it's just the drop immediately behind it and likewise on the other side - I couldn't mount where you boys have due to the TDI induction kit.....

Still need to sort out mine with the flashing I get - any of you boys had that yet - ie the bulbs flicker when you're going round a hard bend - mine do it like ***** now on roundabouts and I've noticed the driver side bulb could be seated better so I think I'll have a play :)

I compared my 6500k bulbs to Zee's 4300 Ultinon bulbs and the difference was incredible - mine were much bluer but the light put onto the road by the 4300k bulbs and the proper IS300 / IS200 LE projector headlamps was incredible - mine look much cooler though ;)

These HID kits in the standard IS200 halogen headlamp don't seem to be that bad at all in terms of light cutoff - I've been flashed a couple of times now but just flash em back ;) If anything I've noticed that when driving behind other cars the light output stops at the bottom half of the number plate so if anything they should cause glare to any oncoming drivers at all :)

ah thanks for the pic Chris

I'll need to get some more sticky foam now to move them

but are they not waterproof anyway? I would have thought they were and the plugs have water seals on them too

If you've still got the box Chris it's printed on the side of there?

I didn't realise how bright these were compared to the XWhites until I stood my car next to Ifraz and it was incredible :)