Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hks Camp System.....ELECTRONIC GURUS

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with the Fargo chappie. Go for a PC and you have everything.

But I can't see why you can't just use a simple TFT monitor replacement, external tuner and DVD player that will connect to it or the CAMP.

If there's not enough inputs, it's not a big job to have a manual switch.

and of course you can add the radio card tothe pc aswell ,forgot about that.

So you either have to find a stand alone DVD layer that will allow you to add the CAMP outputs and also you need to find a radio/tuner that lends itself to be added to a DVD player input..

Also what about NAV integration, how would that be added the DVD/TUNER/CAMP setup..

then look at cost and time i think the cost of a stand alone DVD player will cover a mini-itx board like me and brets plus 1/2 gig of ram on top.

hmm i really would go the PC option..

So mat,, some questions,, what NAV setup were you thinking of, what DVD player were you thinking of. and what tuner are you thinking of..

you know you could go for a real trick install..

remove the oem headunit, and fit a touchscreen screen,, have that as your mp3, radio, dvd.

then have a non touchscreen in the oem nav housing up top and have that swith between CAMP and NAV..

although im not sure about how to use one motherboard and two independent screens..

you know you could also have OBDII running on the PC..

I can get the camp system, the junction box, and the sensors you want for £530 on your doorstep

Does that price include all of the technical support required to install and set it up, that the suppier is expected to provide?

Not included in the price............but fitting can be offered at wallet friendly rates :whistling:

Leave it to me Mr C. We have installed a number of these recently. You/re gonna love the Fish game  ;)

Just need to know which parameters you want to monitor, and whether you want a stand alone screen for the CAMP or if you want it to interact with stereo, dvd/cd/sat nav

Mark  :)

what paramiters, ..............are available, ive looked at the HKS site so many times now.can you tell me in Normal Jargon and not HKS USA drivel

Mark?.and a cost please.......

Paul.........basic cost for a basic instal.........PC

Paul........basic cost screen to display the HKS gubbins

ok, 7" touchscreen 289 euros (includes 16% german tax)

CarTFT_7_black.jpg

1Ghz mini itz motherboard 117 quid (inc 17.5 vat)

nehemiah.jpg

512mb DDR Ram 81 quid from same place, of course you can go 256mb for 40 quid.

Slimline Sony CDRW/DVD drive 70 quid plus IDE adaptor 10 quid

sony-combo.jpg

hard drive,, lots of choice but as a guide a 40gig 2.5 (laptop size) for 88 quid. OR

120gig 3.5 inch (normal PC size) for 65 quid

Opus 90W PSU with integrated shutdown/standby controller 112 quid

car_psu_90W_frame_large.jpg

GPS reciever 110 quid. but you can get cheaper or more expensive,, this is my personale pref.

Image1.jpg

Image2.jpg

All software...can be sourced.

so total as above with 120 gig HD for 600 quid....

you can either, do the aux in mod to add RCAs needed for the PC sound output. or via an FM modulator (non ideal from my experiance) or add an aftermarket headunit with AUX in..

what plans have you for audio beef,, amps speakers ??

I have no plans for the factory system, as i like it the way it is.............

last thing i want is to change the interiour around to much, i like it looking stock.it compliments the rest of the car well........

this is why i want to use the OEM nav unit.so i can do away with the 3 Hks guages

this is kinda why i dont want to be going with PC's etc etc

all i want really is the Camp sytstem, and nav

No i dont want the OEM system........cannot be bothered to tarck all the parts down.

all i want is a functional simple system that i can build upon.....and your the man who wants to do it........you are.......yes you.......you

Dont get me wrong, i like the idea of a PC.........but im thinking...."hey, i have my old PC, why not just bung that in the boot" :D

Im not a gadget geek :geek: like some peeps are :tomato:

Mark, still need an idea of pricing, Daves price seems good, from what i understand, it is programmed with a laptop

But Dave this is what i need...........listed below

Ive already looked at HKS USA site so know what to expect

ok...

HKS CAMP CPU

HKS CAMP JUNCTION BOX

VOLT HARNESS

BOOST SENSOR + HARNESS

WATER TEMP SENSOR + HARNESS

OIL TEMP SENSOR + HARNESS

EGT SENSOR + HARNESS

mark are there other sensors.........like Fuel pressure, intake temp..........etc etc

Only options im aware of for sat nav ie either a windows based system via a motherboard type, PDA's / tomtom type. i think i have seen others with a 7" ish screen but not sure if that allows you to add to it..

you really need to decide what route you want to go down,

do you have a screen in the oem nav housing just for the camp, and sy a tom tom for nav, or do you want it all integrated into one screen.

What about a VDO satnav system? they use a 7" tft and with an optional box gives you some composite video inputs, would be able to have the tft in the factory flip up thing and also pump dvd and the camp system thru it

Paul, i want it all intergrated......., to be honest, im not after DVD.......however your PC idea is running riot in my head...we will have to discuss this more at MK.

Brettster, do you have any links/prices for what you have mentioned.

Mark?

Thanks David, i would like prices but Less VAT please

PC..... PC....... You know it's right.........

Camera recording stuff with a capture card for it.... didn't you want that a while back?

Hundreds of MP3's for your music........ Digital TV tuner....... SATNAV..... DVD.........

Works out better (and cheaper) for everything in the end.

Don't suppose you can get the software [for the camp] on the PC with aninput card can you? Surely you must be able too.

Paul will.

It will look great with the screen integrated into your flippy-uppy-downy oem system. Almost as if it was built with the car. No sign there's a PC there until you switch on and it looks a million times better.

The use of the car while he does it !!!! More than enough payment.

It's not really a five minute job - he should get it done in under six months though. (Good job it's not me doing it - you know what I'm like....)

Will it need an on/off switch  :tomato:

Are you taking the Mick over me not sending a switch to Mat from ninety ten years ago? :blush:

If not - yes, you would put a switch somewhere, but not to actually switch it on or off - the power supply takes care of it putting it in standby, off or whatever when you turn the ignition off.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links