Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hks Camp System.....ELECTRONIC GURUS

Mark, can you still get the camp system, the junction box, and the sensors......

ive aquired a Nav dash unit from Japan, so wish to install the camp system + screen in place of the OEM screen......................

will make the car look more std then :D , and not so.in your face :huh:

as part of this, can anyone supply a screen........and dvd player that will fit in the OEM housing, or would it be better to get a nav unit and screen, a unit whichcan be boot mounted.., but alows the camp system to be plugged intop iot.or is therer a DVD player, which in time will alow me to plug in a Nav unit ..or is it a case of a Tuner and screen, so i can plug Nav into that, and a dvd player and a CAMP system???....you all know what im getting at...

common you electronics Gurus

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a good price david, if that does indeed cover all the bits i require, however i must await a Pricing from Mark himself, as he is a HKS dealer

also that price you have given me i assume includes VAT, which i do not have to pay, and id rather collect than have it posted, so can you do me a better offer....cheeky i know

That is a good price david, if that does indeed cover all the bits i require, however i must await a Pricing from Mark himself, as he is a HKS dealer

also that price you have given me i assume includes VAT, which i do not have to pay, and id rather collect than have it posted, so can you do me a better offer....cheeky i know

You have PM..........

Can beat most prices :whistling:

anyone .................

hmmmmmmmm, it seems what im asking is confuseing peeps.........

all i need is a TV screen ......and a means for it to work.....that will accept imputs, from the HKS system, and later a nav unit and maybe a dvd player.

any help................WILL BE APPRECIATED :duh:

I'm not on your list so I don't see why I should answer because I'm in childish mode, but what about picking up a standard composite monitor with a touchscreen linked to a Car PC. (You could switch across from the camp output manually, or feed it through the PC)

Link to a PC and you'll have your Satnav and DVD player, you could also have a camera in there and also even record the outputs from the Camp system while you are checking/upgrading, etc.

..Fargo?, Steve AX.Mr Singh, and of course the Guru Numero Uno Geoff

HMMMMMM.

erm, thanks Geoff, but that sounds like its complicating things...........

i am not sure i will even go as far as DVD etc , just that i want to be able to get this HKS CAMP to show on a screen mounted in the old nav housing, at a later date if i really want to then i would add nav...............

what about one of those DVD and screen kits, would the dvd player have an imput, ?

Yes, but it's no good unless you've farted around with it for three months before getting to nearly work.

Where are you thinking of putting the DVD player itself? Am I reading this right in thinking you have the standard screen headunit for IS200? As in the fipply-uppy-downy one.

the car doesnt have NAV.

however i have a nav flippy up and down bit, with factory screen......

my wish is to remove my 3 HKS analoge guages, remove the normal dash tray, fit the sav unit, albeit with a different screen that will work, and using the HKS camp system to monitor the engine, it puts out a signal so it can be viewed on a DVD/NAV screen

see link

LINKY POOS

EVEN BETTER LINK SHOWING THE DIFFERENT FUNCTIONS.............

LINKY POOS 2 (click the HKS CAMP screen picture to see functions)

hks_camp_system.gif

I Would fit any "tuner/dvd/whatever will power the screen in the boot"

what output does the CAMP give....to enable it to be plugged itno a screen.. VGA, RGB etc.

would the CAMP CPU simply plug into say a windows based motherboard. if so then job done,, then you have all your nav/dvd/mp3 and camp in one 'unit'

i dont know what output it gives, im avwaiting Mark..........i cannot find any info, all i find is stuff saying " connect to your DVD/NAV)

EXPLAIN MORE WITH THIS MOTHERBOARD,

not that im really wanting to start building in car PC's......

it does have the function of being able to connect to a PC. for upload and download of info.

Assuming it's a standard Composite output, then yes - you could buy a standard screen to fit and then either get a DVD player with AUX video in to switch through it, or put a manual switch in to switch across the inputs. (Yes - ANOTHER switch for the dash. You could use the TILT switch I suppose - I never use that one.)

The Screen I have in my car switches over to the AV2 channel when it detects a signal, it also has 2 other inputs, another composite video and the VGA for the pc. maybe something like that without the VGA would do you?

really need to know what output your camping system has

Looks like it's standard composite out according to the guys HERE

Seems to have it's own input as well so you're already made for your DVD, etc.

As Brettster's pointed out though, a screen with twin input and you are more than covering it - seems that most new ones do have dual inputs.

Go get yourself a standard screen then Mat.

so with a screen i dont need a Tuner or the such like?

if i get a screen, can someone(Paul) do the blending and moulding.and i think id like to do the electronics of the visor so it raises, when the ignition is switched on............

Mark, im still awaiting your imput?

ok.im confused.........

been looking at the screens mentioned above and therer all Touch screen.

can some one list........what i will need to do this.

id kinda like to get this squared away(i.e the logistics sorted) before i bring the car back to the UK next weekend

Leave it to me Mr C. We have installed a number of these recently. You/re gonna love the Fish game ;)

Just need to know which parameters you want to monitor, and whether you want a stand alone screen for the CAMP or if you want it to interact with stereo, dvd/cd/sat nav

Mark :)

id like a costing first.......Though Mark.

as for the screen, i am trying to source cheapish, thats why im asking these Guys on here, i want to have it all fitted in the Factory Nav housing, and raises on ignition

Leave it to me Mr C. We have installed a number of these recently. You/re gonna love the Fish game  ;)

Just need to know which parameters you want to monitor, and whether you want a stand alone screen for the CAMP or if you want it to interact with stereo, dvd/cd/sat nav

Mark  :)

what paramiters, ..............are available, ive looked at the HKS site so many times now.can you tell me in Normal Jargon and not HKS USA drivel

touchscreens have an additional conenctor to allow the touchscreen part to work, think of it as a mouse that is on the screen itself.

so if the CAMP has no input for this then you wont need a touchscreen.

If the CAMP simply needs a screen and its, for example, via RCA connectors then a xenarc or lilliput screen allows this.

Now if you want a DVD function, then are you going to have a seperate player. thenyou dont need a screen for this as it will go into the oem headunit.

What about Nav,, what are you wanting, something liek a tom tom, stand alone thing, or something else, ie windows based.

Personally i would go for a windows based PC, then you have future proofing for whatever you want to do.

you then can have a touchscreen, add a slim line DVD drive, mp3 playback, add the CAMP, add a GPS unit and youve got sat nav, add the speed camera database. add a reverse camera.. what ever you want.

yes i can do the fabrication, you can see my handy work up close next week..