Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help Please

IS300KK

Hello there, hope you're all well.

I was having a nice weekend until a teenager in a dilapidated Corsa rear-ended me, whilst I was stationary at a red light! :tsktsk: Obviously, I was furious, my car is my pride-and-joy. At the time, I had a look and thought that there were only a few light scratches to the bumper, but when I had a good look I found some deep gouges to the lower part of the bumper, so it now looks like an insurance job. (The bumper of the Corsa was already damaged after the first time the driver had an accident................).

Has anyone in the Club dealt with a claim through Admiral insurance? I don't want the repair done through any old body shop, I want a Lexus job - can I insist on a Lexus dealer doing the work?

I'm so upset about it, I waited eight months to get that car in the colour combo I wanted. Why do they give driving licences to teenagers???????!!!!!!!

I'm going to go away and cry now :crybaby:

Take care out there folks

Amanda

Amanda sorry about the accident :( weren't you a teenager once?

With regards to the repair you are entitled to ask who you want to do it but you are likely to find the insurance will then remove the pleasure of a courtesy car being included. As you obviously love the car ( what a fine colour choice :) I think the quality of repair will be more important to you than the courtesy car.

Hi again

Yes, I was a teenager, but I didn't go round rear-ending people!!! Fact is, it just shouldn't have happened.

You're right, though, it's the quality of the repair that's most important. Problem is, it's virtually impossible for me to get time off from work to get it sorted out until the New Year and I live about 90 mins drive from the nearest Lexus dealer, so it's all going to be really inconvenient. Plus, I don't really want the embarrassment of driving around in a battered car for weeks, with people thinking that I reversed into something!!! My poor baby!!

I'll push for a Lexus repair, even if I have to hire something in the meantime - will keep you posted.

Watch out for those Corsas!!!

Amanda

if u do take it to lexus for repairs still check the quality of the work, i know someone that got a bumper spoiler fitted at lexus & the paint quality on the bumper spoiler is not too good but lexus couldnt remove it again as the bumper spoiler is bonded on with silicon or something..

is not just teenage drivers....watch out for van drivers, :angry:

I had my Renault fixed through a renaul body shop with Admiral insurance, you will need to get a few quotes and then submit them... give them a ring I am sure they will be OK with it.

You can still get a car whilst it is in the body shop whether you go through the prefered repairer or not, as long as you are willing to book the car in advance so they can sort one out (if you know what I mean)

When someone conked my car, I chose to take it to Lexus/Toyota Bracknell as its the nearest Lexus body shop.

As my insurance (or the other guys to be more prescise) didn't list this as an approved repairer, I got a free courtesy car from Lexus Bracknell anyway.

I chose Lexus place as they know the paint buildup etc and I thought they would do a good job. And they did, though most body shops would do a decent job too.

To be honest you could just ring your local Lexus dealer and ask him who he uses (if they don't do it themselves!).

Hi guys

Thanks for the replies.

I spoke to Admiral today, and they first said that if I made a standard claim, I would have to fork out £200 voluntary excess which would not be reclaimable from the other driver's insurance. The other option is to go through the legal protection side of things, who will reclaim all costs. For the latter, I have to get two quotes, and they will pay the cheapest - so I have to find someone who would charge more than Lexus!!!! I'm determined to get it done by Lexus (even if they subcontract) because the car was in showroom condition, so I don't see why I should put up with any old repair - if I'd reversed into a tree myself I'd take it to Lexus, why should this be any different?!

Take care

Amanda

Hi Amanda - sorry to hear about your accident.

I don't want the repair done through any old body shop, I want a Lexus job - can I insist on a Lexus dealer doing the work?

yes - you have every right to demand the work is done by Lexus.

Do not be fobbed off - you weant this repaired perfectly.

Do not accept any offer from the insurance company unless you are happy that the work will be done by lexus dealer - and do not accept the quality of the work by the Lexus dealer until you are 100% happy with it ;)

I spoke to Admiral today, and they first said that if I made a standard claim, I would have to fork out £200 voluntary excess which would not be reclaimable from the other driver's insurance. The other option is to go through the legal protection side of things, who will reclaim all costs. For the latter, I have to get two quotes, and they will pay the cheapest

this does not sound right to me.

presumably, this is a not at fault accident - the other driver has admitted liability?

The way its supposed to work is that you got through your insurance, you pay your excesses, and then all costs are recovered from the other parties insurance.

The recovery of all costs is important, as it indicates to future insurers that you were not at fault for this accident - its a "Not at fault - all costs recovered" claim - this should not affect your premiums once the costs have been recovered (although it may increase your premium if you renew while the claim is outstanding, altough that is a cost you should also be able to recover from the other parties insurance)

Thanks for your reply

I have to admit, I was a bit surprised - I've been insured with them for about ten years and never made a claim, so to have to fork out £200 when the other driver is quite obviously to blame - and admitted as much at the time - was quite a slap in the face. If I take that option, they will sort everything out at a garage of their choice (the bit I'm not happy about), and it seems the quickest solution. However, I'm interested in the solution that gets my car back to showroom condition, as it was before this :tsktsk: ran into the back of it!!

The biggest problem is time - teenage driver's insurance runs out on 28th Dec, and I can't get any time off work to get it to the dealer - why do these things always have to happen when you have the least time / money to sort them out?!!! Has anyone dealt with Lexus Accident Assistance? I'm wondering whether they can help.

I have to admit, the damage could have been a lot worse, but that's not really the point. My boyfriend thinks I should just put up with it for the time being, but I don't want to look like a girlie who can't drive a decent car!!! (As you can see, I'm still very annoyed about the whole thing!!).

All the best

Amanda

The biggest problem is time - teenage driver's insurance runs out on 28th Dec, and I can't get any time off work to get it to the dealer - why do these things always have to happen when you have the least time / money to sort them out?!!!

why is this an issue?

you have his insurance details - and have verified them?

his insurance wont 'run out' - you can continue the process after that date.

in fact - I'll give you good odds you will :blush: