Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is300 Starting Question

Hi All,

As I've mentioned before, I've been having starting problems with my IS300 SportCross but haven't gotten round to taking it back to the dealer just yet.

I hadn't used the car since Thursday evening and got in this morning with some trepidation as to whether or not it would start. It fired up first time and the outside temperature was only 2 degrees.

I was wondering if this would point to the Battery being the cause of the problem? I'm not an electrical genius so I don't know if batteries work better after they've had a 'rest' for a couple of days. I'm sure there are many people here much more knowledgeable than myself on this.

I'd appreciate it if someone could let me know if I'm thinking in the right direction or if I need booking in for a check-up from the neck, up.

Thanks ......Pete

Hi All,

As I've mentioned before, I've been having starting problems with my IS300 SportCross but haven't gotten round to taking it back to the dealer just yet.

I hadn't used the car since Thursday evening and got in this morning with some trepidation as to whether or not it would start.  It fired up first time and the outside temperature was only 2 degrees.

I was wondering if this would point to the battery being the cause of the problem?  I'm not an electrical genius so I don't know if batteries work better after they've had a 'rest' for a couple of days.  I'm sure there are many people here much more knowledgeable than myself on this.

I'd appreciate it if someone could let me know if I'm thinking in the right direction or if I need booking in for a check-up from the neck, up.

Thanks ......Pete

Lot of people have problems starting their cars, some people change the Battery, some put up with it. Common lexus fault though.

Uncle_Rob

Lot of people have problems starting their cars, some people change the battery, some put up with it. Common lexus fault though.

Uncle_Rob

Exactly. There have been suggestions of ECU reprogramming and Battery changes. With my luck, my first choice would be the wrong one so I was hoping the behaviour this morning might help to indicate that it was more likely linked to the Battery.

Don't want to put up with it much longer though. Kinda embarassing when you're struggling to start a nice car when the beaten-up jallopies disappear into the distance.

Pete

Lot of people have problems starting their cars, some people change the battery, some put up with it. Common lexus fault though.

Uncle_Rob

Exactly. There have been suggestions of ECU reprogramming and Battery changes. With my luck, my first choice would be the wrong one so I was hoping the behaviour this morning might help to indicate that it was more likely linked to the Battery.

Don't want to put up with it much longer though. Kinda embarassing when you're struggling to start a nice car when the beaten-up jallopies disappear into the distance.

Pete

Should be replaced by Lexus if still under warranty i think. Not 100% sure though? :unsure:

How old is the Battery in the Car?

Mine died after about 3 years

the starter motor just made a fast clicking sound when the Battery was too low to start the car, leaving the car for an hour or two seemed to give enough juice back into the Battery to get it started, so it could just be a duff Battery :)

even if its new I guess you could still have a duff Battery? these things happen

I had a problem with starting the car in the morning too, started off every so often, then it came to a point where it wldnt start everyday, got the RAC to tow it to the Lexus dealers...

They put the computer on and it turned out that the key transponder wsnt reading the keys and therfore not disabling the immoboliser, so if i was you get it into the lexus dealers...during this time it would read the keys sometime and then being tempremental a couple of hours later. but now its purfect, starts every time