Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

430 Owners - How Much Rear Wheelspin?

Not sure if I have a problem with my tyres :blush:

On a bog standard 430, how often / easily do you spin the rear wheels?

I am finding that the back wheels loose traction very easy, under reasonably light acceleration.

I am not talking about "full throttle, scream away from the lights" acceleration - just a slightly firm foot to pick up speed.

Its obviously more of a problem in the wet, but can also happen when the road is dry. The lowest the temperature has got around here lately is 3 degrees, so its not been icy at all.

I have visually checked the tyres, and they seem OK - but will be getting them checked out anyway.

I currently have Pirelli P-Zero Assymetrico's, in 245 / 40 / 18, and have been considering changing them anyway, as I find they are quite noisy. Would probably change to the new Proxes T1-R, as I had T1-S's on my IS, and was happy with those.

you have the same tyres as me matt and mine are about half worn ,evry corner i pull out of it spins ,even worse if the corner is on a hill.even if i just tickle the throtle it spins and i have to ease of ,i find myself constantly on and of the throttle to compansate for the wheel spin.

you have the same tyres as me matt and mine are about half worn ,evry corner i pull out of it spins ,even worse if the corner is on a hill.even if i just tickle the throtle it spins and i have to ease of ,i find myself constantly on and of the throttle to compansate for the wheel spin.

this is sorta the problem I have - its not as severe as you describe.

methinks new tyres.

mr Prolex - you mentioned being able to get tyres? care to give me your bestest price for 4 Toyo Proxes T1-Rs?

What you after Matt?

245 / 40 / 18 - Proxes T1-R's?

Yes - please Zee.

Can you also quote for the Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3's in the same size?

Bit of a quandary at the moment - cannot find anyone with a bad word about the F1's - but I thought the proxes T1-S's were excellent on my IS, and the T1-R's are supposed to be better :duh: :blink:

Matt, don't know if this is any help but when I was looking the Goodyears were supposed to be better in the wet, but they were noisier so I went for the Toyo's - very tempted to try a set of them next actually.

No Colin, it was a review on the internet where I read it, can't remember the exact place to be honest but it was saying the Goodyear was about as noisy as you can get, but much better in the wet.

No Colin, it was a review on the internet where I read it, can't remember the exact place to be honest but it was saying the Goodyear was about as noisy as you can get, but much better in the wet.

Don't know where they got that from. All reviews and people I have spoken to have said they are good for noise.

The tirerack customer survey has them as the best for noise in the catagory they are in - Max. performance

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresult...lay.jsp?type=MP

hmmm - sorry Aido - but thats not what the tirerack survey I have just reads - linkage.

Thats gives the tyres Superior marks in everything except road noise, where it merely gets excellent - and thats based on 941 surveys submitted - 5,115,385 miles reported :blush:

Col - are you running the F1s mate? How noisy are they?

Pretty certain that both the Toyos and GY's will provide good traction, so noise is a deciding factor. The car is so quiet inside, the only noise you can hear is road noise from the tyres - reducing that would be superb.

As an aside - how much wheelspin do you get mate - just for moderate sort of acceleration?

Oh crap, I was reading the review for the wrong tyre:

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?ti...Eagle+F1+GS+EMT

D'oh! Sorry fellas!

If you get these Matt will be interested how you get on as that was why I didn't get them this time around (plus the fact the local place had the Toyo's in stock :) )

Col - are you running the F1s mate? How noisy are they?

Pretty certain that both the Toyos and GY's will provide good traction, so noise is a deciding factor. The car is so quiet inside, the only noise you can hear is road noise from the tyres - reducing that would be superb.

I'm not at the moment I still have the worst tyres in the world on mine, stock Bridgestone RE030s.

With the 18" wheels you are always going to get road noise, if you are concerned then maybe look at the Yoko AVS dBs and really the GS chassis isn't good enough to need the max/ultra high performance tyres anyway.

• 2 weeks later...