Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Climate Control

peter026

20º C all year, passenger and driver.

Passenger and driver .... awwwww show off ! lol

Mines usually set @ about 22 degrees .... but when I first get in .. and it's freezing I whack it up to 30 for the first 10 mins or so !!

20º C all year, passenger and driver.

Exactly the same temperature here, OT but are the heated seats linked to the temp dial as if I turn them up it feels like my balls are "boil in the bag" :o

19 in the summer (when its hot!) and 23 in the winter, maybe 24 if I'm feelin cold.

Whilst on about heated seats I know a couple of people who don't like them cause they feel like they've wet themselves. Anyone else get this or is it just the weird people I know?

According to Commander Data, the optimal termperature for humans is 21.5°C. The Star Trek writers apparently do extensive research to ensure the programmes are accurate. So I set driver to 21.5°C and passenger to 22°C.

BTW. why would you want to freeze yoursefl in Summer and boil yourself in Winter. Surely, you set it and let the themostat maintain the optimum temperature?

BTW. why would you want to freeze yoursefl in Summer and boil yourself in Winter. Surely, you set it and let the themostat maintain the optimum temperature?

Isn't it psycological or something? People complain about it being hot in the summer but if their house/car is at the same temperature in the winter then they complain about it being cold.

Anyway, mine's usually at around 24 over the winter and around 22 over the summer (I suppose I should just set it to 23 and not bother messing with it!).

The heated seats always feel a bit odd to me but they're a great way to annoy the girlfriend.

depends how hot or cold i am, but the heated seats are great in the winter.

i find the gear knob annoying cos it gets hotter than the sun in summer and like a block of ice in the winter when you first get in!

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

It depends whether the A/C is on or not - if it is in "full climate" then I have it at around 21 deg and let the car do the rest.

If i haven't got the A/C on but everything is still on "auto" then i set it to where i'm comfortable.

I'm the sort of guy that would rather have the windows open and enjoy the weather than sit in a fridge though - perhaps I'm just a bit weird !

I did use the heated seat the other morning at 5.00am as the leather was a tad chilly but turned it off after 5 mins as i too felt like i'd wet my pants.

The missus loves it though ! (the heated seats - not my wet pants ! :winky: )

21C all year round...,mate works for a company that installs air condiytioning in factories, shopping centres etc...he says 21C is the temperature they've been told is best to set....so I go with that.

Wife on other hand generally adjusts her side to about 23C all year round..she's always colder no matter what the weather is !

Funny this topic should come up.

I purchased a black thermometer from Maplins some time ago with a probe that is supposed to go outside the vehicle.

My theory is that no matter where you place the thermo it will get influenced by some heat source be it direct sun or running gear and I didn't fancy one of those Halfords Audi style window sucker jobs.

After many weeks of moving the probe around I have found the ideal position which is on the central door pillar about 3" off the floor. This area seems OK and is not influenced by any mechanical heat.

I tried putting the probe right next to the sensor under the steering column but after 10 mins or so this area becomes warm as the heat from the mechanicals gets at it. I even tried mounting the probe so that the sensor was not actually attached to the plastic but it still suffered from radiated heat.

I therefore cannot understand how this sensor position can accurately determine what heat setting you have set as the plastic surround gets warmer the longer you run.