Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Number Plates

Eclipse_dude

Think you are supposed to require one when making road legal plates, but they can do show plates without, I got mine from Fancy Plates and they didn't need any details - a few people at work have plates from them now too ;)

me & my family got some from fancyplates too & didnt need V5, i d ont think mine or my family is show plates, standard size fonts but with badges of the car manufacture on the left hand side unless that badge other than the EU or GB counts as show plates....

people bound to getaway without showing V5 i should think if they know friends in the motor/car accesory trade....

Have you got his company name and phone number on the bottom of the plates too?

Thought that strictly speaking legally you weren't allowed anything other than the EU orGB sign on the side?

Strictly speaking you're not allowed anything other than a flag on the side of your plates but I think you'd be unlucky to be pulled unless you were taking the proverbial.

I got new plates from Fancy Plates with the Lexus logo and the club website address - looks the biz but is still fairly subtle, so hoping I won't come into any probs

Along with the article in Auto Express about the IS220d there was one on number plates. There is no allowance for "show plates". Also unless the supplier sees your V5 he's commiting an offence and can be fined 1000 pounds and the plates are illegal for use on the road. Don't see how anyone would know though.

You can buy plates in Scotland and Northern Ireland without showing V5 though. Also if you buy over the web and the company is based outside England and Wales then they can supply you plates without seeing the V5.

BTW www.fancyplates.com are based in Northern Ireland.