Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I Want To Buy A Lexus Is200se

Ok so there is probably a section of this site dedicated to buying a Lexus for the first time - feel free to direct me to it.

About to buy my first Lexus then. Been to Wolverhampton. Got the brochures. It will be an SE. Awaiting test drive (Why won't they let me keep one for 24hrs to test). Was happy to buy new but the used site search throws up a 1yr old SE at £15950 with only 2819 miles on it. BIG saving. What is the catch? New or used then?

So help me everyone. Complete novice to Lexus buying here. Just want a nice cool prestige car - not going to foor it, ICE it or clean it to death. So give your top three tips for success, knowing what you do about me from reading this!

Thank you so much.

To be honest I wouldn't buy a new car again, you take too much of a hit in terms of value lost in the first year - plus with a used car they have to put it through all the checks to make sure it is up to scratch and you still get the remainder of the warranty!

Plus there's the fact that the car needs running in - at 3000 miles it still probably won't be fully worn in, I'm sure I've seen figures of the cars loosening up nicely at the 10k mark, mines at 74k now and running better than when I bought it (but I made some changes there :whistling:)

Basically I'd say

1) Make sure you're happy with the gearbox and clutch - some people don't like notchy gearboxes

2) Make sure the alloys are in good nick

3) Check the paintwork out

That covers the most basic problems.

Should cover you there, at that milage there shouldn't be much (if anything) wrong with that motor - good luck :)

Welcome to LOC btw :)

Ok so there is probably a section of this site dedicated to buying a Lexus for the first time -  feel free to direct me to it.

About to buy my first Lexus then. Been to Wolverhampton. Got the brochures. It will be an SE. Awaiting test drive (Why won't they let me keep one for 24hrs to test). Was happy to buy new but the used site search throws up a 1yr old SE at £15950 with only 2819 miles on it. BIG saving. What is the catch? New or used then?

So help me everyone. Complete novice to Lexus buying here. Just want a nice cool prestige car - not going to foor it, ICE it or clean it to death. So give your top three tips for success, knowing what you do about me from reading this!

Thank you so much.

They would let me take one for 24 hours, but it had to be covered under my own insurance (as opposed to a test-drive which is under Lexus insurance). I didn't need it, mind was made up right from test-drive!

Uncle_Rob

in march this year i paid £ 17995 for my 1 year old is200se so if your price is corect i would snap it up.

mine had 3000 miles on when i bought it and to be honest i was dissapointed in the performance and the gearchange coz everything was smooth but slow.

now its got 7500 miles on the clock and its like driving a completely different car.

its still smooth but now the power comes in nicely and the gearchange is better im now very happy with it.

you wont be dissapointed :)

oh by the way forgot to say

dont be concerned about the amount of fuel they use.

because by the time you have worked out the service intervals the depreciation costs and the reliability issues into the equation they work out miles cheaper than most other cars in the class

i forget myself sometimes when im standing at the pump trying to get the nozzle to work without cutting out :lol:

What colour are you after for your new lexus..????

Ive got one for sale

Scarletti Red

2004 '53' Plate, less than 3000 miles

Did you get your starting problems fixed? Are you still chasing this with Lexus Bradford or are you just getting rid of it quick?

Ive got one for sale

Scarletti Red

Did you get your starting problems fixed? Are you still chasing this with Lexus Bradford or are you just getting rid of it quick?

Thats a good selling point :P :P :whistling:

Bought mine in July 2003 on an 02 plate and paid £16995 for it (SE S/Blue) and it had 6k on the clock and it was mint (I mean really first class nick). Best thing I ever did.......

Now it's got 50k on it and no problems at all.......

Yes I have done 44k in 18 months - work and all that! I Like driving!

Ive got one for sale

Scarletti Red

Yeah got the starting problem fixed, starts every time, no hassle....The car still needs running in, but no complaints about it now...

It would however be nice to see lexus create a nice powerful diesel in the Lexus IS range....try to corner the market, alot of money involved in the diesel industry..