Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Stuttering Accelerationin Low Gears

Anees

Guys,

This little problem has been bugging me for a few weeks. Whenever I put my foot to the foor the car hesitates and stutters until I reach the magic 4500rpm where it stutters some more before whoooose the power is released. It is not smooth or controlled power delivery.

I hope I am being descriptive enough.

Anyone know how to solve this problem? I have done a search and the results I found concerned Supercharged cars but not the normal IS.

I know **** all about cars but I am thinking it could be the air filter - but the car has had a service just 2000 miles ago so it shouldn't be it should it?

I want to try some injector cleaner (STP Total Fuel System Cleaner) and see if that does the trick.

I might get a K&N Filter for it - hopefully that can sort it out.

Would resetting the ECU help?

Any ideas or am I on the right track?

Thanks for the reply Colin.

The car has 62K on the clock. It was serviced on 60K by Lexus.

I will read how to reset the ECU and try that.

I have also picked up a K & N Filter from eBay for £39.10 inc delivery. They have had good reviews so I thought may as well give it a go!

Did it do this before the 60,000 service

I don't think so mate. I bought the car after it had had its 60K service (as a conditon of sale). I had to go down to Lexus Exeter to pick it up. When I drove it back i didn't notice this problem.

It seems to be a relatively recent issue - last few weeks.

I would check the plugs ,my old celica did this under load and it turned out to be a plug,seemed the more welly i gave it the better it was but as soon as i came of the throttle the hesitation and spluttering came back ,worth a look as one could have started to break down

Anees, the same problem with my car! And i don't know what to do! I already restarted ECU, changed air filter, spark plugs were checked and they are ok, even tried the injector cleaner, nothing helped. Lexus service did't notice any errors on their computer while we were driving, but i can feel the lack of power, specially when changing from 2nd to 3rd and 4th gear. They talkd me it may be winter fuel with some s :tsktsk: t mixed together. but i tried to fill the tank with statoil 98 euro, seemed to be better, but one time it even scared me, the car choked on 3rd and 4 gearm 2 sec of lag, no reaction to floored accelerator pedal. i am very confused now!

Any more ideas?

I would check the plugs  ,my old celica did this under load and it turned out to be a plug,seemed the more welly i gave it the better it was but as soon as i came of the throttle the hesitation and spluttering came back ,worth a look as one could have started to break down

The plugs should have been changed at the 60K service IIRC.

Thanks for the reply Colin.

The car has 62K on the clock. It was serviced on 60K by Lexus.

I will read how to reset the ECU and try that.

I have also picked up a K & N Filter from eBay for  £39.10 inc delivery. They have had good reviews so I thought may as well give it a go!

hi mate, if you want to re-set the ecu, i will show you next week when i see you ? or if you want to have ago yourself, and you not sure give me a ring, cheers gordon

Thanks Gord.

Got your txt! MAN YOU CAN TEXT!! Takes me 1 hour to write my name! :D: :D :D

I think I'll wait until next week. I don't actually have the car at the moment - it is at the bodyshop - I am geting them to fix a few things (bit of overspray and a good polish) nothing serious.

Slightly off :offtopic:

Anyone know a supplier that has a K & N filter in stock?

The place I ordered mine from off eBay says that they are all out of stock and that K & N are not sending anymore until the New Year :(

Thank you for choosing to shop at Jays Performance.

I am very sorry to say that unfortunately we have ran out of stock of the Lexus IS200 filters and K&N will not be sending any more (to any supplier) until after the new year!

I have tried to purchase this item from 3 other K&N dealers but have had no luck so far!!

2 weeks ago had 15 filters for the Lexus in stock! We listed only 6 on Ebay.

Normally we carry around 10 of these filters each month.

Now for some reason there has been an astonishing demand for these filters and subsequently we have ran out, we have never seen such a rush for a filter that only fits 1 model in all our time being a K&N supplier!

apsaauga - I don't feel my problem is as bad as yours. Its more an irratiation. Anyway..... I get my car back tommorow from the BodyShop so I will try a few of the suggestions.

Slightly off  :offtopic:

Anyone know a supplier that has a K & N filter in stock?

The place I ordered mine from off eBay says that they are all out of stock and that K & N are not sending anymore until the New Year :(

Thank you for choosing to shop at Jays Performance.

I am very sorry to say that unfortunately we have ran out of stock of the Lexus IS200 filters and K&N will not be sending any more (to any supplier) until after the new year!

I have tried to purchase this item from 3 other K&N dealers but have had no luck so far!!

2 weeks ago had 15 filters for the Lexus in stock! We listed only 6 on Ebay.

Normally we carry around 10 of these filters each month.

Now for some reason there has been an astonishing demand for these filters and subsequently we have ran out, we have never seen such a rush for a filter that only fits 1 model in all our time being a K&N supplier!

apsaauga - I don't feel my problem is as bad as yours. Its more an irratiation. Anyway..... I get my car back tommorow from the BodyShop so I will try a few of the suggestions.

B+M in dukinfield sell them Anees, you will have to wait 2-3 days for them to get you one in. :D :D thay got one for me :P but mine is not the same as yours :P