Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Installing A Jacuzzi

Fargo

Barrie does this mean i wont be able to Change a plug...........or worse, wrap electrical tape around my Grans old victorian corner standing lamp with the freyed Cord?

sounds like you can still change/add sockets and lights but not in a bathroom or kitchen? and do a few other bits n bobs.

so how would we have found this out if paul wasnt gonna fit a jacuzzi?

us citizens never get informed of anything!

sounds like you can still change/add sockets and lights but not in a bathroom or kitchen? and do a few other bits n bobs.

hmm i think the power for the jacuzzi will be on the outside of the wall... therfore im allowed to do the work..lol

hmm i think the power for the jacuzzi will be on the outside of the wall... therfore im allowed to do the work..lol

nice one :D

you'll be alright anyway cos its 2004!

Barrie does this mean i wont be able to Change a plug...........or worse, wrap electrical tape around my Grans old victorian corner standing lamp with the freyed Cord?

no , you will be fine to carry on with your good work :crybaby:

the installation only covers the hard wired part

the appliances that you plug in arnt covered .......yet

although , any place other than a private household must have all appliances certified as well

this is a shame for charitable organisations, as they get given electrical appliances, but have to get them tested, which of course lessens any money that they may make on them, if any !

but realistically if you buy an electrical appliance you would ratrher it to have been tested and safe to use

Stuff em, I have always done my own electrical, plumbing and building work. I know of alot of tradesmen who do shabby jobs. Its just an excuse by the government to pressure the JIB into realising there is a skills gap. If people follow this law, there will be a massive shortage of sparkies, whcih means more training, which means more people in college, which means more people off the dole and out of the unemployment stats, which means less money to pay out by the goverment on social security.

Its all a big scam.

I will continue to do my own work in my own home, as is my right. Not to save money, but so I know the job is done right !

Stuff em, I have always done my own electrical, plumbing and building work.  I know of alot of tradesmen who do shabby jobs.  Its just an excuse by the government to pressure the JIB into realising there is a skills gap.  If people follow this law, there will be a massive shortage of sparkies, whcih means more training, which means more people in college, which means more people off the dole and out of the unemployment stats, which means less money to pay out by the goverment on social security.

Its all a big scam.

I will continue to do my own work in my own home, as is my right.  Not to save money, but so I know the job is done right !

one question pete ?

how do you know that the job has been done right

there is one thing about it working and another about it working safely

there are at least three tests which should be carried out on just the installation of a socket outlet, any of the tests carried out do not have visible results, yet failure in any of them will result in an unsafe and dangerous installation

This is just the start....

Next is electrical wiring colours enforced from Brussels.

Can you believe they're making us use BLACK wire for LIVE !!!

These eurocrats should get a proper job... Doubt anyone would have them :)

Dates involved for change are all 1st April - not sure if that's significant :rolleyes:

These eurocrats should get a proper job...  Doubt anyone would have them :)

Dates involved for change are all 1st April - not sure if that's significant :rolleyes:

mmmm.......

only in multiphase installations tony

red becomes brown

yellow becomes black

blue becomes grey

and black becomes blue

in single phase

red (live) becomes brown

and black (neutral) becomes blue

unless in a switch position where red,blue, and yellow all become brown

not too confusing is it ;)

These eurocrats should get a proper job...  Doubt anyone would have them :)

mmmm.......

only in multiphase installations tony

red becomes brown

yellow becomes black

blue becomes grey

and black becomes blue

in single phase

red (live) becomes brown

and black (neutral) becomes blue

unless in a switch position where red,blue, and yellow all become brown

not too confusing is it ;)

I used to remember it as Red to the right (or is that brown )

bLack to the left ( or is that bLue)

and what's left goes straight ahead :tomato:

AW I am one confused person :unsure:

peter026, I wouldn't do your own wiring.

Dobedo, your correct and they're doing this now. Had a new elecy meter t'other day and the man said he had to mark up the wires with brown and blue tape now cos of the colour change.

Personally I won't be taking a jot of notice of this c**p. I've nearly totally rewired my own house and will continue to do all my own elecy work. (cue my house bursting into flames any minute due to dodgy electrics! :lol: )

I don't mind paying for corgi registered for gas for peace of mind (cos they've got the pressure testing ***** for afterwards) although I have done my own gas work before

We go from ...

Phases - Red, Yellow, Blue + Black neutral to..

Phases - Brown, Black, Grey + Blue neutral

Could they have picked any more dull colours...

Worse that they use 2 already present colours but reverse their purpose.

Oh and they pick what's likely to be the cable outer colour too - Durrrr :duh:

Anyway, no need to panic, they think of everything !! There's a sticker...

gallery_1267_44_1103059434.jpg

Well that's a relief then, we're saved after all :withstupid:

How long before we end up with crap EU 2 pin plugs :angry:

Damn the :tsktsk: EU.... Sooner we get out the better.

Anyway, this is getting :offtopic: ... Enjoy your bubbles Paul :P

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links