Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is This A Record

J.P

Hi Everyone: Drive a 2002 IS 200 Sport, had it from brand new,bought from Lexus Edinburgh. Car has covered 7805 miles and has so far had 21 wheels including the five originals, I am now waiting to have yet another set of refurbs fitted, making a grand total of twenty six wheels, is this a record? Spoke to Lexus GB and they say Japan do not see this as a problem and all they can do for me is to replace the wheels, even though it costs me petrol to and from Edinburgh and insurance every time I get a courtesy car. I hoped to keep the car till the new model IS was released but I am now afraid to take the chance as that will mean trading it in with possibly rusty alloys! another reason to knock more money of my trade in price. ANY IDEAS OR SUGGESTIONS APPRECIATED. :angry:

That really is quite astonishing, 21 wheels? Is that four sets in 2 years? I drive a 2002 IS as well and my first set lasted till April this year, and the new ones are still perfect. I can only guess that maybe harsher conditions in Scotland are eating into them. As the alloy warranty is extended, you will be able to replace them

That really is quite astonishing, 21 wheels? Is that four sets in 2 years? I drive a 2002 IS as well and my first set lasted till April this year, and the new ones are still perfect. I can only guess that maybe harsher conditions in Scotland are eating into them. As the alloy warranty is extended, you will be able to replace them

Yep first set after 2000miles,car has only done 800miles since last replacement set,so they have not been on salty roads,however if Lexus think that anyone reading this site will then go and buy an IS 200 they must be on a different planet. JD Power satisfaction survey means nothing when you look at the set questions eg "how well do the tyres last". Nothing like "does the car suffer any corrosion?"However if Lexus think I will sing their praises because they say " no problem sir" well they have another thing coming.. :angry:

Hello,

Im a relatively new lexus owner, i have been surfing and reading about problems and praises for the lexus IS200. And i was astonished at the Post regarding alloys and the constant corrosion of the alloys.

Can you please go into more detail to how and where the alloys are more likely to corrode, its very dissapointing to here that the alloys are so open to corrosion in this day and age...!!!!...however saying that if i dnt wash the car everyday i make the effort to wash and clean the wheels as they are wat attracts the eye's of the passerby and other motorists....!!!

So can anyone tell me about the new IS200 and wen its likely to come out, and point me to any articles, web pages and photos

Hello,

Im a relatively new lexus owner, i have been surfing and reading about problems and praises for the lexus IS200. And i was astonished at the Post regarding alloys and the constant corrosion of the alloys.

Can you please go into more detail to how and where the alloys are more likely to corrode, its very dissapointing to here that the alloys are so open to corrosion in this day and age...!!!!...however saying that if i dnt wash the car everyday i make the effort to wash and clean the wheels as they are wat attracts the eye's of the passerby and other motorists....!!!

So can anyone tell me about the new IS200 and wen its likely to come out, and point me to any articles, web pages and photos

Spoke to Lexus Customer Service who put me through to customer relations the other day and all that they ars saying is that they would look at my case favourably when out of the three year warranty. Where did you hear that the warranty on the wheels had been extended to four years? :angry: