Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Vw

uncle_rob

What do you guys think?  Thinking of trading the Lexus for it at some point in the future.  I know it's not the same luxury, but what a car hey!!

If you want speed, get a westie!

Stay with the lex... you know it makes sense and you won't have every chav in the world trying to race you (They don't seem to bother when you have a lex!)

dont get me started on VW golfs, :angry:

Too late im started now

i owned a brand new 2.8 v6 4 motion 53 plate and out of a total of 16 weeks of ownership it spent 13 of them in the dealership garage.

VW couldnt give a monkeys they said tough luck its warrantied for 3 years so why are you complaining.

they refused to assist or help in anyway despite my protestations,

a quick list of faults to wet your appetite

4 wheel drive traction control packed in after 2 miles !!!

all 4 ecus were changed 2 of them twice

labda probes packed in twice

steering rack replaced

cd player packed in

internal lights failure

cruise control failure

too many others to list. :shutit:

not to mention the dealership never having any courtesy cars available ( coz there always out to other unfortunate vw owners )

but heh dont let me put you off im sure the new mark 5 is a wonderful car.

the problem with the likes of topgear is they dont have to own one for months and years, they just blat them round the track and tell everyone what a great car it is. theres more to a car than test track speed.

remember when they tried to test one on top gear last year but they couldnt coz it broke down !!!

but to balance things up my old mark 3 never put a foot wrong and was a great car i should never have parted with it for the mark 4 !!

anyway ive said my piece,

just for your info look at the peach or lemon website it says it all.

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/assets/pdf/Autocar_hot.pdf

What do you guys think?  Thinking of trading the Lexus for it at some point in the future.  I know it's not the same luxury, but what a car hey!!

Funnily enough I have just been looking at the GTi reviews after watching it on Top Gear and 5th Gear - I really really like it, and would be very tempted.

worked on them for years as my father inlaw co owned a v/w garage ,owned the mk1 mk2 mk3 and mk4 gti ,never had a major problem apart from the mk4 gti when the coil pack fail ,at the end of the day it is horses for courses it has not got the prestige of the lexus but then it aint got the snobbiness either :)