Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rattling Sound From S/c

maferga

Lately I have been listening to some weird ratling sounds from the S/C at idling. Is this normal or is it me ?

Do you guys hear this same noise or might it be mine ?

Hi,

I don't have an s/c fitted myself, but last year at a meet at TTE we noticed one compressor was louder than the other. Where one would howl mildly, the other would produce more of a grinding sound. We (or should I say, Zee) confronted the engineers at TTE and they said it didn't mean anything was faulty or would wear out sooner. I'm assuming that one is still running fine a year later?

RX-Men-8

I don't have an s/c fitted myself, but last year at a meet at TTE we noticed one compressor was louder than the other.  Where one would howl mildly, the other would produce more of a grinding sound.  We (or should I say, Zee) confronted the engineers at TTE and they said it didn't mean anything was faulty or would wear out sooner.  I'm assuming that one is still running fine a year later?

RX-Men-8

Don't forget Zee's car had an open intake compared to 'the other car' which had airbox etc to mask any noise :)

Lately I have been listening to some weird ratling sounds from the S/C at idling. Is this normal or is it me ?

Do you guys hear this same noise or might it be mine ?

hi mate mine has done 7,000 miles and there is no ratling sound coming from mine, i have the standaed TTE air box fitted. :D

I´ll chech everything over tomorow, I´´ll be chnging all 3 belts and will check tensioner.

Fargo: The problem was excess power to the tranny, It´´s possible that this one will last more because of the upgrade during acceleration from the ESK. This system limits the discs from slipping by generating excess pressure in the system

Thank you all !!