Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tomt Tom Go

chib1177

this is probably an easy question for all you sat navvers out there.

but i havent got a clue about them so im gonna buy a tom tom go coz they look so simple to use.

but what i want to know is can i use the tom tom go in both mine and my wifes car, can you just take it from one car to another or is there more to it than that.

it does say its a stand alone model ?

if it isnt is there system you can take from one car to another easily

thanks

Yes, just pick it up and move it.

Ive got an XDA phone and TomTom which is basically a phone / satnav , reciever and ciggy lighter adaptor. Only thing I cant do with mine is go walking with it. I should imagine the stand alone one would allow you to go walk about. Like if your cycling, parked your car and doing the last bit on foot, or even in a helicopter.

but i havent got a clue about them so im gonna buy a tom tom go coz they look so simple to use.

but what i want to know is can i use the tom tom go in both mine and my wifes car, can you just take it from one car to another or is there more to it than that.

it does say its a stand alone model  ?

if it isnt is there system you can take from one car to another easily

thanks

tomtom go is that simple. All built in!

Yes you can take it from any car to any car

hell you can even carry it round while you walk from place to place if you want. :D

but what i want to know is can i use the tom tom go in both mine and my wifes car,

Not at the same time :D :hehe::hehe:

Just bought one , great bit of kit :D

• 1 month later...

Had one for xmas Top bit of kit!!

Only gripes are:

Can't get gps signal in house (why would you want to? don't know, but i wanted to play on xmas day!! :P)

Can't type in FULL post codes (only RM16 6R_ have to leave the last letter out - something to do with post office having full rights to post codes or something??) Not really a problem as you can type in street etc

No excuses for getting lost!!

anything less than £400 is an amazing price!!!

Personally I'd go for an Ipaq with Tomtom Navigator as it has the following benefits over Go:-

1) You can use it as a diary / store contacts for use when not in the car. If you have your contacts addresses then you can navigate to them automatically - cool eh!

2) You can download POI's from the Net onto the IPAQ e.g. Speed camera's - I don't think you can do this on GO.

3) It's smaller and easier to undock out of the car and your less likely to get it nicked as you'll probably leave GO in the car permanently.

Horses for courses I think, depends on what you want to use it for!