Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Better Gearshifting Is 200

Tommy

:driving: I am a new member from Sweden (sorry for bad spelling). However i

bought a Is 200 sport 6 manuell in Juli this year and it works perfect, but it is

allmost impossibel to change year 1-2 when the box is´nt warm. I had a Supra 3,0 T before and the club in USA rekomended Red line oil for the gearbox. The

Supra was allmost the same problem as my Lexus and the oil fixt the problem.

I have now change to RED LINE Syntetic MTL API GL-4 SAE 70w80 in the Lexus

and its now perfect. I dont now what Lexus Dealer have to say about it, but i dont

car because i whant to shift gear somethimes even when the box is Could.

bought a Is 200 sport 6 manuell in Juli this year and it works perfect, but it is

allmost impossibel to change year 1-2 when the box is´nt warm. I had a Supra  3,0 T before and the club in USA rekomended Red line oil for the gearbox. The

and its now perfect. I dont now what Lexus dealers have to say about it, but i dont

care because i whant to shift gear somethimes even when the box is could.

allmost impossibel to change year 1-2 when the box is´nt warm. I had a Supra  3,0 T before and the club in USA rekomended Red line oil for the gearbox. The

and its now perfect. I dont now what Lexus dealers have to say about it, but i dont

care because i whant to shift gear somethimes even when the box is could.

I had a Supra 3,0 T before and the club in USA rekomended Red line oil for the gearbox

If you mean the Supra TT 6-speed Getrag gearbox then it isn't recommended. Yes it does improve the shift but that gearbox uses special oil (as do Toyota auto transmissions) and Getrag have blamed failures on not using the correct fluid.

http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/getrag/no...ine/getrag.html

The IS gearbox does not have a strict specification so the correct Redline oil is fine in that.

I had a Supra 3,0 T before and the club in USA rekomended Red line oil for the gearbox

If you mean the Supra TT 6-speed Getrag gearbox then it isn't recommended. Yes it does improve the shift but that gearbox uses special oil (as do Toyota auto transmissions) and Getrag have blamed failures on not using the correct fluid.

http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/getrag/no...ine/getrag.html

The IS gearbox does not have a strict specification so the correct Redline oil is fine in that.

and its bloomin expensive aswell...................... :excl:

So, is it recommended or not?

After light flywheel and clutch fittment I have a Mobile1 (by Toyota) in my gearbox. It feels harsh (correct word?) and you can feel the gears rubbing while shifting.

Does a oil such a big difference to a manual gearbox. I know about autos, but in a shifter I don't belive that.

BTW: I like it clunky :D