Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Diferences Between The Denso Ik20 And Sk20r11

blueman

Dose anyone know what it's diferences between the Denso IK20 and SK20R11?

I red it on the forum IK20 have a standard gap of 1.1mm and SK20R11 have gap 1.1mm too. According some mates IK20 is better performance, but should be changed at 30,000 miles and SK20R11 be changed at 60,000/100,000.

Now, Which one of this plugs have best properties? Which of this have a good idling, soft drive properties etc...?

The more expensive IK20s have the better spark performance, therefore better idling, mpg etc etc

The OEM ones are used because they are cheaper and as the change interval is longer the running costs of the vehicle are reduced. Also for 99% of the owners the standard ones do the job fine. However as you can pick up the IK series plugs from the US cheaper than you can get OEMs in the UK many people here upgrade.

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/knowledge..._v2&id=102&c=15

Thanks a lot Colin, Thanks a lot again you friends....... :)

But Colin some guys have a discussion about IK22 too. I hope I get you right about denso IK20s. Did you mean this IK20s alredy are best? If not Wich af denso plugs series are best, IK20s or IK22 or which one?

Thanks again for your help :blush:

where Can I ordered this plugs IK20s and which gaps IK20s must have?

I ordered a dozen IK22's yesterday from here www.apwonline.com

They sell on eBay too with the name 'creativeperformance' or something like that.

One of their auctions at the moment is 4 x IK20 for $31.50

Phone them... I spoke to a guy called Sam.

Think others here have ordered from them too

all this info i have found out about the IK20 is fascinating, but does it make any real difference to the car if they are put in inplace of the standard ones???

Stu

They did in my V8, smoother idling and slightly better mpg and it wasn't because my old ones were worn, having covered just 26k miles.