Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Member, New Owner, New Car...

Roadkill

Previously an owner of a 2002 Honda S2000, I have recently sold the roadster and bought a new Lexus IS200SE with Sat Nav. This is, so I was told, the first 2005 model to arrive in the country (I think this was probably sales talk, though!). Must say, the car is beautiful inside and out. A bit less speedy than the S2000, of course, but it has the required space for our baby which is due next March.

So, just saying "hello" and giving you my first thoughts on the car. Glad to know that there is a forum-based owners club on-line. Very informative!

Here's the car, outside my house on the Isle of Arran:

sh541.jpg

---------

Graham

Welcome to the club Roadkill. Arran is one of my favourite places - i'm originally from Irvine. You've got some cracking roads to put your Lex through it's paces.

Enjoy :D

Welcome to the club!!

I too am expecting my first baby with the missus in 7 days now, and i am a bit worried about space in the IS, as the buggy just fit in the boot!

Do like the car, you'll have to set yourself up a garage on the club and show us your mods!! :D

Stu

I'm used to cleaning my car regularly - look how close the sea is to my house!

The S2000 was a quick car, there's no doubt there. I will miss the convertible aspect, especially in the summer and on crisp winter days. Other than that, it's nice to be back to practicality for a change. I wanted something that had a little extra, hence my decision to go for a Lexus, rather than a more mundane Honda.

As for mods, I don't. I tend to keep a car in it's original state and simply enjoy it as it is. Never touched my S2000 with anything from after-market sellers (and let's face it, I could easily have spent another £5000 doing so).

It's also nice to see my insurance premium fall by £500!

Anyone got any suggestions for floor mats? I have the standard ones, obviously, but in this weather, I'd like to put something else on top.

Graham

Well it might seem a bit rough and ready but i paid £19 at my local carpet shop and got some pure wool deep pile cream carpet the same colour as my original mats,

i just cut round the front mats and popped them in for the winter, they are even better quality than the originals and once the worst of the winter is over ill chuck em in the bin.

Best thing is ive got enough left for another 4 sets

am I tight or what

PS: Car looks great, but no need to wash it if your gonna leave it that close to the sea wall :o :o

Nice one, welcome to LOC, hope you enjoy the car.

One word of warning though, be VERY careful when it comes to the drivers side mat as the old Lexus mats used to slip forward and the throttle would stick open (and you can't hit the brake as that's also blocked) - be very careful with that side as if you've put your own carpet in there without holders etc this could be dangerous!!!