Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Remus Rear Silencer (bolt On Muffler)

SSML

Hi:

has anyone got a Remus Muffler fitted to IS200?

I m thinking of getting one(with 115mm diameter Turbo design tip), but want to hear your opinions.

Loud? resonance problem?

my engine is stock, got a trust "drop in" type airfilter

thanks!

SSML

There are a few over here with the Remus (TTE) exhaust, off the top of my head I can think of Bazza (dobedo), Necromax (bought Gord's) and PowerPuff_Mookie

I'm not sure what it does to performance (if anything) but it certainly sounded better than stock, I heard a roar at WOT on Gord's car.

Are you after increased performance or just better looks as you may be better off looking elsewhere if performance is a concern?

Forget it mate.... :sick:

Remus is cr@p :duh:

It's begins to rust very soon and doesn't sound that good.

Deep sound at idle and then nothing.

Get any Japanese performance muffler like Greddy, Apexi, HKS or something.

:winky:

Hmm.. I guess this is down to opinion then. Personally, I don't want to drive my car down the road and sound like a 17 year old wowwypop in a Nova, but if thats how you get your kicks, then so be it. As for rust, I think the only thing crap around here is what your talking. I had a Remus on my Impreza for over two and a half years, and it was fine. The one on my IS is fine.

Its basically down to what you want. Unless you have some form of forced induction, the performance gains will be minimal irrespective of which one you go for.

Hmm.. I guess this is down to opinion then. Personally, I don't want to drive my car down the road and sound like a 17 year old wowwypop in a Nova, but if thats how you get your kicks, then so be it. As for rust, I think the only thing crap around here is what your talking. I had a Remus on my Impreza for over two and a half years, and it was fine. The one on my IS is fine.

Its basically down to what you want. Unless you have some form of forced induction, the performance gains will be minimal irrespective of which one you go for.

Hmm... I gues you didn't have sleep since yesterday having been out eh??

I'm from that country where that Remus sh*t is made and everybody has it on his Golf and it's rusty and doesn't sound good that fart can. :yack:

The TTE is made by Remus and I heard from people who are pi**ed because it begins to get rusty and looking dusty. :P

Sebring is the same as Remus... one company in Tyrolia I think. ;)

Sleep? Fail to see the connection. If you're referring to the crap that the forum put in place of a word I typed, not my fault I'm not permitted to express such terms.

Like I said, its down to personal opinion and experience. You are basing an 'opinion' on hear say and not even on personal experience.

As for living in the country where they are made, again, relevance? We all have our problems to deal with I guess. Keeping up the neighbours with a noisy exhaust is not how I get my kicks, that would be the domain of boy racers... 'boy' being the keyword

Sleep? Fail to see the connection. If you're referring to the crap that the forum put in place of a word I typed, not my fault I'm not permitted to express such terms.

Like I said, its down to personal opinion and experience. You are basing an 'opinion' on hear say and not even on personal experience.

As for living in the country where they are made, again, relevance? We all have our problems to deal with I guess. Keeping up the neighbours with a noisy exhaust is not how I get my kicks, that would be the domain of boy racers... 'boy' being the keyword

Whats Boy racers got to do with it, ;)

My personal experiance of Remus systems, are that they are a Budget backbox, even TTE admit that there backbox(made by Remus0 GIVES NO PERFORMANCE GAIN WHAT SO EVER.

Most of therer systems, well everyone ive seen are made from Aluminiumised steel, therefore they will rust, as for the welding and fabrication, my personal view is, for the money you pay, there standerd is Poor

I've got the TTE backbox which is produced by Remus.

No problem with it... Decent tailpipe fills the gap and sounds good to me.

Bought Remus previously for a CRX which was fine aswell.

Had shiny jpn style on an mr2 turbo (a Trust system) which was also good.

Just depends on your taste for the car in question i guess.

Personally i prefer the understated look of the remus / tte backbox on this car.

But that's just MY taste - don't want a bling shiny 'fast + furious' look with the Lexus.

I had fitted to my old 1992 EG5 Civic 1.6 ESi a Remus backbox for few yrs & had no probs with it, the car felt bit more responsive & now car sold i occasionaly see the car round town, exhaust still looks fine.

as for no performance gains, what exhaust does?increase bhp on aftermarket exhausts is overrated anyway.tehy all say increase in bhp.

My personal experiance of Remus systems, are that they are a Budget backbox, even TTE admit that there backbox(made by Remus0 GIVES NO PERFORMANCE GAIN WHAT SO EVER.

Most of therer systems, well everyone ive seen are made from Aluminiumised steel, therefore they will rust, as for the welding and fabrication, my personal view is, for the money you pay, there standerd is Poor

I had fitted to my old 1992 EG5 Civic 1.6 ESi a Remus backbox for few yrs & had no probs with it, the car felt bit more responsive & now car sold i occasionaly see the car round town, exhaust still looks fine.

as for no performance gains, what exhaust does?increase bhp on aftermarket exhausts is overrated anyway.tehy all say increase in bhp.

;) what aftermarket exhausts give performance gains, all most all of them but not the Remus one :lol:

Marcus.. boy racers are the sad little boys who think the louder your exhaust, the cooler it is.

As for performance gains, I never said it gave any:

Unless you have some form of forced induction, the performance gains will be minimal irrespective of which one you go for.

I replaced the whole system on my Impreza, Magnex downpipe and resonated centre section with a Remus back box. Meant it had a nice sound, but did not wake the dead... as for performance gains, when dyno'd it had gone from 208bhp standard to 236.3bhp.. it also had a K&N 57i induction kit.

Its funny how so many have grand opinions on here with no actual experience of products to back them up. I choose not to comment on things I have no experience of, its a pity others don't have the same courtesy. Instead we have the pleasure of statements like this one:

;) what aftermarket exhausts give performance gains, all most all of them but not the Remus  one :lol:

This forum seems to be getting increasingly catty just lately. I work at a school, and even the kids aren't this bad! At least they have the excuse of being teenagers with scrambled hormones.

Marcus.. boy racers are the sad little boys who think the louder your exhaust, the cooler it is.

As for performance gains, I never said it gave any:

Unless you have some form of forced induction, the performance gains will be minimal irrespective of which one you go for.

I replaced the whole system on my Impreza, Magnex downpipe and resonated centre section with a Remus back box. Meant it had a nice sound, but did not wake the dead... as for performance gains, when dyno'd it had gone from 208bhp standard to 236.3bhp.. it also had a K&N 57i induction kit.

Its funny how so many have grand opinions on here with no actual experience of products to back them up. I choose not to comment on things I have no experience of, its a pity others don't have the same courtesy. Instead we have the pleasure of statements like this one:

;) what aftermarket exhausts give performance gains, all most all of them but not the Remus  one :lol:

This forum seems to be getting increasingly catty just lately. I work at a school, and even the kids aren't this bad! At least they have the excuse of being teenagers with scrambled hormones.

If you look over the post's i was pointing out that most aftermarket exhausts give performance gains if and when you have the right setup, but from my understanding "Remus" back-box will not give any on its own ;)

How about, everyone stops bit*hing about each other ... about what they said, and ...... someone maybe find some harcore evidence, of what the sounds / gaines / losses are.

Then ..... everyone's happy.

My personal experiance of Remus systems, are that they are a Budget backbox, even TTE admit that there backbox(made by Remus

GIVES NO PERFORMANCE GAIN WHAT SO EVER.

if you want a descrete set up then the Remus/TTE rear box will give you that, it not intrusive and isnt in your face

I'm gonna say go for the Pro-Lex.. Heard it on Daza Ws IS200 which is turbo'd, not intrusive what so ever, and you WILL gain power, i did when i had it.

IF i had to choose between a Remus (heard one) and other... I'd go for Pro-Lex UK Kazuma (Kazama :P) can't go wrong for £275, stainless all through and well documented for power gains.

Hey guys I've had a TTE silencer fitted since 2001 no probs, sounds good (no drone) and looks great. I agree with the anti boyracer comments coming from NZ every piece of ***** has a big exhaust with a lot of sound :sick: .......its nice to be inconspicious. Thanks Graham

Hmm.. I guess this is down to opinion then.

. I had a Remus on my Impreza for over two and a half years, and it was fine. The one on my IS is fine.

I definately dont want something that is too loud. but I want the sound deeper than stock.

I had tried an IS200 6MT with a locally made muffler system, man it was too loud, esp the load resonance ~ 3000rpm , I couldnt stand the noise when cruising at 100km/h in 6th gear.

I am just wondering whether REMUS (not TTE) has similar problem regarding to the noise at 3000rpm

thanks

Thx Mat(e) that what I tried to say. :winky:

:duh:

It's not only the sound, the exhaust flow is it. ;)

Guess why Remus isn't loud as HKS or anything eh??

Remus uses mufflers like the stock ones, with iron plates and holes in them and such.

The performance exhausts are straight out to the tip, and some glass whool or such around, that's why they're louder but no stock muffler design.

If you have your car supercharged or turbocharged, evry performance tuner will say: "OMG forget that Remus....!"at least I often heard from Tuners and not any young kids who only want to be loud.... :duh:

;)