Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Remus Rear Silencer (bolt On Muffler)

SSML

I'm fully aware of the fact that the Remus has mufflers in.. cause I don't want a loud exhaust! I am also aware of how performance exhausts are constructed. I am also aware of how this effects performance gains, did you not read the 'facts' I quoted from my Impreza dyno readings? I also pointed out that I replaced the WHOLE system, removing both cats, but opting for a small resonator on the centre section, and the Remus to keep the noise in check. I gained almost 30bhp in the process. Personally, the extra 3-5bhp extra I 'might' have gained from having a boy racer noise box just wasn't worth it.

The point you're missing Marcus is that not everyone wants a loud exhaust. And the reality is that the back box gains alone are not worth worrying about, irrespective of which you go for. I'm planning on getting my car supercharged in the next couple of months, but I don't expect the Remus to make much; if any significant difference. I can't say though, cause I don't have any figures to prove or disprove the point. Personally I am looking at a de-cat or hi-flow cat solution, which will see some performance gains.

As for the boy racers, perhaps in 'your' country you do not suffer with them as badly as we do here. But lets just say that when the majority of people hear a loud exhaust, they immediately assume its a boy racer.. or some middle aged guy trying to rekindle his youth. Or more to the point, they say 'look at that tw4t' .. and I'm inclined to agree

I also prefer to listen to music when I drive, or maybe talk to my passengers, not the drone of my exhaust..

Posting before caffiene has been consumed not awlays advised.. apologies to Marcus, my comments were directed at RoadRash..

As for this response.. I think whistling is an appropriate, just keep doing it..

I'm fully aware of the fact that the Remus has mufflers in.. cause I don't want a loud exhaust! I am also aware of how performance exhausts are constructed.

Wow, didn't know that..... :whistling:

Poor guy who started this thread didn't even ask about performance gains. Its really very sad, all forums seem to go the same way. There are sound genuine people out there, who just want to help out, then there's people like this...

Posting before caffiene has been consumed not awlays advised.. apologies to Marcus, my comments were directed at RoadRash.. 

As for this response.. I think whistling is an appropriate, just keep doing it..

I'm fully aware of the fact that the Remus has mufflers in.. cause I don't want a loud exhaust! I am also aware of how performance exhausts are constructed.

Wow, didn't know that..... :whistling:

Poor guy who started this thread didn't even ask about performance gains. Its really very sad, all forums seem to go the same way. There are sound genuine people out there, who just want to help out, then there's people like this...

Thats ok necromax.

:whistling: just as well you posted this apologie, i was just about to give you what for :winky: :lol:

and yes its all ways a good thing to have some caffiene before you post :D

Ok on the Back-box get the Prolex-UK one it is very nice & it is not OTT :winky:

Thanks for providing me some info Remus backbox.

I knew replacing rear exhaust alone wont give much performance gain. I knew this fact even before I bought my IS200.

I just want to find out what people with Remus backbox think about the product.

and as I have posted, I didnt want loud noisy system. I dont want to spend money to have my eardrums damaged.

thanks for the feedbacks. very much appreciated.