Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Project Is200 Genesis

petejenkin

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its starting to take shape under the bonnet now, heres a pic of how things are looking.  Should be finished some time in the next week or so.

PROGRESS005.jpg

Thats some serious Beeeer-ling! :P

I gotta do something to the altezza after seeing that!! :D

Woah!

Pete that is going to win some serious awards this year mate, looks absolutely class :)

Seeing pics like this makes me wish I cleaned my engine bay, but naaaaahhhh :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
And here is a pic of one of my wheels.  All that is needed now is to fit the new centre decals, tyres and they can go on.

I think they look nice especially when the light reflects off the rainbow metalflake.

new002.jpg

Very nice pete top job mate :winky:

when's the project due for completion?

Should be back on the road this weekend coming. All the mechanical work has been done, she's running. I just need to finish installing the gauges and put some switchgear in and bobs your uncle.

Unfortunately, I haven managed to get all the engine bay completed. I still have the fuel rail, alternator and a few other small bits to do, but the polishing shop is stacked up and paying jobs come first, so I will have to wait a little longer to get them finished.

The Nitrous System is not going on until shes been re-maped with the Dastek. The Carbon Bonett comes early next week.

Projects like this are never finished but I would imagine that it will be just about there with all the major suff within the next 2 weeks.

Well, shes nearing completion of this stage in her development. The engine is nearly complete, all that is needed there for now is the wiring loom to be re-wrapped and the CO2 Jets to be installed in the bonnet vent. We are now busy cutting the main body graphics ready for fitting later in the week.

We had a design problem - how do we incorporate Lexus with Genesis? We found the solution and have incorporated the Genesis "G" with the original Lexus Logo, with an interesting outcome: See what you think

GenesisEmblem.jpg

Heres a pic of the car in side view with just the sponsor graphics applied to the side skirt in different colours as opposed to vertically down the doors, which is the common practice and preferred fashion. Were trying to be a bit different, and not just following standard practice - who knows, it may catch on (with a bit of luck):

NEARLYDONE002.jpg

And here is a brief idea of the gauges that have been installed. I opted for the combined Oil Pressure & Oil Temperature, with a blue backlight, and the Combined Boost Pressure and EGT, again with the blue backlight. Both have white fascias. They look mint now they are in place. Ive mounted them each in their own little pod on the top dash tray insert, and have placed the menu/tell-tail buttons on the tray itself. All looks good to me.....

gauges003.jpg

NEARLYDONE002.jpg

my only reservation is the multi coloured graphics, as its on a graphite car - would it not look better if they were all in the same colour - i.e. a silver or something to give it a more uniform and clean look?

We thought about that and came to the conclusion that using the same colour is just the same as what everyone does. We wanted something just a bit different, so coloured sponsor logos running horizontally along the bottom to inject a bit of colour without detracting too far from the main body graphics seemed to be the key.

Once you have seen the completed car, you will understand what I mean.