Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fog Lights (bulbs And Glass Colour)

I have a 1993 LS400 which as most of you may know has Yellow Fog Lights on the front!

Now I for one think that they look vile. I have recently upgraded my Headlights and main beam to new (HID look White/Blue) bulbs and what an improvement in looks and performance.

Now I want to do the same to my fog lamps. Does anyone know if it is the bulb that is yellow or the inside of the glass or is there a yellow cap on the bulb? Also is there any instructions on changing these things? it does look very complicated!

Also what type of bulb is it?

Your help and advice is always appreciated.

Regards Bison :zee:

Open it & find out?

Mate listen, It is Saturday afternoon, I have a stinking cold, it's about -6 outside and is getting dark, did I mention it rained earlier and the wet ground is icing over?

I've tried opening them before and struggled, they are a pain in the rear. So to make life easier I thought someone on here may know the answer.

Is this ok?

Bison :zee:

Open it & find out?

Mate listen, It is Saturday afternoon, I have a stinking cold, it's about -6 outside and is getting dark, did I mention it rained earlier and the wet ground is icing over?

I've tried opening them before and struggled, they are a pain in the rear. So to make life easier I thought someone on here may know the answer.

Is this ok?

:lol:

If your on about www.lexls.com then I found this site ages before you discovered it, but thanks anyway.

P:S they don't have info on Bottom Fog Lights only Headlights and main beam.

Bison  :zee:

I know that but the principle is the same.Not bothered if you found site before me just trying to help a fellow member.I have already sorted mine,but thanks anyway.

Going on the removal for the GS, should be similar though, there was a cover that looked part of the fog lens that fixed over the fixing screws, On the GS, it's the glass that was coloured and not the bulb, the bulb type is the same as the dipped light bulbs if this helps young sir.

On mine, I've coloured coded the fog lens to the car - green, from a distance, it looks like there isn't any but when on, they shine yellow as normal, but I did have to increase the wattage of the bulbs to compensate for the extra colouring.

BR

Paul

I know that but the principle is the same.Not bothered if you found site before me just trying to help a fellow member.I have already sorted mine,but thanks anyway.

I wasn't trying to funny mate, just the way I typed it I guess,

The lenses are yellow. The bulbs are bog standard ... just changed mine ...

pain in the ***** with all the screws... hint use a magnetic screwdriver.

undo bottom , use screwdriver to push up catches , undo front 2 screws of bulb in skirt , gently pull out unit

etc.

Chris

[ you've got a '93 just like mine ]

Jobs a Good un......

Finally got my new bulbs in today, and removed the nasty looking yellow cover. was a time consuming job. which I had never attempted before so some trial and error involved.

However it's now all done and I will be posting a full tutorial in the next few hours, probably in the general maintenance section of the LOC.

Regards Bison :zee: