Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Can anyone point me at a pic that shows me the locations of each end of the plug leads. I changed them today very carefully, one at a time. Trouble was I got interrupted in the middle and when I returned there were 2 ends off!!

I think I put them back correctly from memory (should have drawn it first! Hindsight - very exact science!), but while the car certainly goes better than before, it seems to have a slight misfire, or maybe Ive got used to the old bad leads and a new set just make it sound different.

Whatever - a definitive pic would put my mind at rest, but I cant seem to find one.

Any help gratefully appreciated

Dave

Its OK, I've found what I was looking for at LexLS.com. (I actually looked there yesterday before I posted here and completely missed this link, getting old I spose!)

A link to the correct tutorial here (How to Replace the Spark Plugs & Ignition Wires - 91-94 LS400)

http://www.lexls.com/tuneup.html

and right in the middle is a pic showing exactly what I wanted!

Its OK, I've found what I was looking for at LexLS.com. (I actually looked there yesterday before I posted here and completely missed this link, getting old I spose!)

A link to the correct tutorial here (How to Replace the Spark Plugs & Ignition Wires - 91-94 LS400)

http://www.lexls.com/tuneup.html

and right in the middle is a pic showing exactly what I wanted!

Dave,That was the site I meant.Hope you sort problem.How long did the job take,thats a job for me to do,did you change plugs caps etc while you were at it,where did you get parts.

ITSAPIG! About 2 hours!

If you follow the (very good) tutorial at the link to LexLS its all there. In my PERSONAL opinion you dont need to disconnect the Battery to do plugs and leads, but thats personal choice, and I did them one at a time - disconnect one - replace it with a new one, rather than take all off then replace all.

The lead set that I got was NOT a Lexus set (£180) but one made by Sovereign that I got from a local car parts supplier, he has dealt with them for years and has never had a problem, so I got them (£69). They fit well and do the job.

Be VERY careful removing the old leads. On number 5, the shroud came out leaving the bit that goes on the top of the plug still on. Had to go and buy a VERY long pair of longnose pliers to get it off!

I did my plugs a while ago in the summer and got them from sparkplugs.co.uk. Good price excellent service, I'd recommend them to anyone.

Good Luck

Dave

Update.

I didnt drive it much Sat or Sun after I'd completed the job, just made sure it would start and run!!

Today, drove to work and its made a lot of difference, tickover smoother, pickup better and just has more 'sparkle'. Hopefully its made some difference to the fuel consumption, that was gradually getting worse!!

Dave

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links