Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Nutters without brake lights

trevorx

does anybody know how you'd stand legally if you plough'd into the back of somebody who's brake lights weren't working ?

Twice now on the M6 I've followed someone with the above :flaming: I obviously didn't hang around behind him but did get caught for a while in roadworks.

That's really annoying and dangerous, these people! Twice I have been in a hurry and following people in C. London and then realise that they don't have brake lights! Had to be a good samaritan and pull up next to them and tell them each time. One of them was a well reputed C.London people transporting company's (A. L) car! Imagine if you were sat in it!

Good point about the legality..... I wonder too.....

p.s. 100th post!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whooopeee

not entirly true Mr Hart,a road traffic investigator will be able to tell if a bulb was working at the moment of impact......by the burn rate and oxidisation of the metalic windings on the fluro candescent wire

Originally posted by superchargedIS200

not entirly true Mr Hart,a road traffic investigator will be able to tell if a bulb was working at the moment of impact......by the burn rate and oxidisation of the metalic windings on the fluro candescent wire

Well I'm terribly sorry Professor Clawley, we can't all be geniuses:rolleyes::P

:lol::lol::lol:

but the vehicle infront is unroadworthy without tailights

if you drive a car which is deemed unroadworthy you are commiting a road traffic offence with which you could be prosicuted

if some one drove into the back of you ...they have the evidence to sue,and prove that by not having working brakelights ..they were unable to notice you braking,b4 it was 2 late

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links