Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Do You Think About This? ;)

SpOcK

Toyota Electronics are a hard nut to crack.............and i think there lies one of your biggest problems.but as i said, good luck

Thanks Mat(e) to remember me...... I KNOW!!!! :crybaby::angry: :tsktsk:

Not only to prevent the fuel cut, the hardest thing where everybody had problems on a turbocharged IS200 is to get enough fuel.

The fuel system is weak, mine leans out over 0.3-0.4bar.

Don't think that 2 turbos would spool up soo much earlier..... 1 turbo on 1L displacement.... not that much.

And it's difficult to make them running synchron..... but quite a difficult project.

And it would be a really good job if you can realize that. :winky:

RR, What have you done to your fuel system? Bigger main injectors, any sub-injectors, heavier fuel pump, return line, ... ? Or what are you planning to do? :huh:

nope your technically the first..............

however there was the 1g-gte....

I've found a 1g-gte engine...with twin turbos.................... :winky:

Couldn't use 1g-gte, even if I found one... Or if it could be operated with the 1g-fe's ECU, maybe then. OBD-II has been mandatory since 2001, and I won't pass MOT without it. :angry:

Are 1g-fe and 1g-gte internals inter-changeable? If I found 1g-gte rods and/or pistons, could I use them? :unsure:

nope your technically the first..............

however there was the 1g-gte....

I've found a 1g-gte engine...with twin turbos.................... :winky:

Couldn't use 1g-gte, even if I found one... Or if it could be operated with the 1g-fe's ECU, maybe then. OBD-II has been mandatory since 2001, and I won't pass MOT without it. :angry:

Are 1g-fe and 1g-gte internals inter-changeable? If I found 1g-gte rods and/or pistons, could I use them? :unsure:

Think yes.... ordinary they should fit.

Same bore and stroke. :)

RoadRash:

What have you done to your fuel system? Bigger main injectors, any sub-injectors, heavier fuel pump, return line, ... ? Or what are you planning to do to avoid the leaning? :huh:

RoadRash:

What have you done to your fuel system? Bigger main injectors, any sub-injectors, heavier fuel pump, return line, ... ? Or what are you planning to do to avoid the leaning? :huh:

Sorry i didn't see.... :blush:

Until yet I didn't solve it.

But I will get a Walbro pump and specific made injectors from Germany.

(Not 100% sure if they really get injects for me... bit I will see).

If the pump alone doesn't work, then I will order a comeplete fuel system upgrade from the USA which is made for the IS300-Turbo and that king-size thingy will give more fuel, than the IS200 yould ever need. :D :shifty:

I dismounted the fuel system, made pics, sent them to USA and they told me "YES will fit!!" :blush:

They also had fuel rail and 550cc injects for me, but that stuff won't fit.

I noticed that the fuel lines are a bit thin and also the fuel pump outlet is a bit thin.

Maybe its enough for 250HP or such, but if you want to break the 300HP mark you could get problems again. :yawn:

Sorry i didn't see....  :blush:

Until yet I didn't solve it.

But I will get a Walbro pump and specific made injectors from Germany.

(Not 100% sure if they really get injects for me... bit I will see).

If the pump alone doesn't work, then I will order a comeplete fuel system upgrade from the USA which is made for the IS300-Turbo and that king-size thingy will give more fuel, than the IS200 yould ever need.  :D  :shifty:

I dismounted the fuel system, made pics, sent them to USA and they told me "YES will fit!!"  :blush:

They also had fuel rail and 550cc injects for me, but that stuff won't fit.

I noticed that the fuel lines are a bit thin and also the fuel pump outlet is a bit thin.

Maybe its enough for 250HP or such, but if you want to break the 300HP mark you could get problems again.  :yawn:

Do you have a part# or something more detailed info about the Walbro pump? If I understood right from the other threads, the Walbro pump needs external fuel pressure regulator, is that correct? Does that ext fpr still go into the tank (as the std fpr does), or under the bonnet? Which regulator are you going to use? I have now the MKIII Supra 440cc injectors (not yet installed).

What does the USA fuel upgrade thingy include in whole? And the cost? I might be interested as well... :shifty:

I'm still going to try first, only with the bigger injectors and using the eManage's boost limiter cut -feature. :unsure:

• 1 month later...

No! The Walbro pump should fit into the stock fuel unit and the pump doesn't need an external FPR.

But for a turbo charged car you would need one. Only then it's able to get enough fuel under heavy load.

And you would need to rip out almost the whole fuel system.

Pull a line from tank to the fuel rail (engine) get out of it into an adjustable FPR and pull a return line back to the tank.

The kit includes fuel unit (with return line fitting and no intern fpr) fuel lines, fpr, I could also get fuel rail and injectors, but those were for the IS300, so they won't fit.

• 2 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links