Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Do You Think About This? ;)

SpOcK

Kuva005.jpg

Kuva006.jpg

Kuva007.jpg

Kuva008.jpg

Kuva009.jpg

Two pieces of KKK K03 going in with custom manifold, piping, IC, Greddy eManage and Profec e-01 boost controller... :winky:

Can't wait to get it working and on the road! :driving:

Let me know what you think.

p.s. Sorry for the picture quality, I only got cell-phone cam within reach... :blush:

just wondered.........looks like the 1g-fe engine...expected BHP ?

Maybe because it IS 1G-FE... :P

Two K03's can support well over 300 bhp, but without new pistons and rods, and before lowered compression, I'm aiming at about 250-280bhp... :shifty:

wicked. Good luck ! I've got forged pistons and steel rods in mine....hoping for 280 with a stage 2 s/c pully kit then a 100bhp NOS shot.........waiting until its run in..........

keep us posted !

I'm interested in those pistons and rods as well. Where did you source them? As to my knowledge no company has those, I take it that yours are custom made, right? Wiseco?

I will keep you posted.

Wow..... heavy mod mate!  :blush:

But 2 turbos on 2.0L....  :unsure: don't think it helps more than only 1 turbo.

But awsome work, did you do it by yourself??  :question:  :ph34r:

Thanks! :D

Reason for using two turbos, is that it's much easier to make a manifold for only three cylinders than for six. So that's why I get two 3-piston manifolds = 2 turbos... :winky:

And by using two turbos, you can make 'em smaller and still have the same output. And as they are smaller, they spool earlier = better low/mid torque.

All the piping, IC and eManage installation and wiring I made myself, but my friend is going to make the manifolds and downpipes for the turbos. After that I just have to tune it with the eManage.

when do u expect to have the items fitted/manifold made etc as at the mo the turbos are just sitting on a supercharger cradle.

Yes, you're right. This was just to see if we can make them fit under the bonnet. I'll be gone for a vacation in Feb, so my friend will be making the manifolds and installation then, while I won't be needing the car for two weeks. The piping, IC and eManage are already fitted. Just waiting for the turbos... :whistling::driving:

i think you will have lots of problems getting this set up, u would have been better using  1 turbo

However good luck, i hope to see it running real soon

What makes you say that? :huh:

What kind of problems would you think I'll run into? :unsure:

SPACE........or lack of it.

you have 2 mechanical actuators to control there aswell.......they may well cause you problems,

its impossible to list all the potential problems, but i think you will run into many

Space shouldn't be a problem. The guy who's putting the turbos under the hood, has built e.g. a 402hp/418Nm Golf 1.8T, and a 2.7L V6 Bi-turbo Golf(!) as well. He said that if he can fit a 2.7L V6 in a Golf and even two bigger turbos than mine in between the engine and the firewall, then my car is walk in a park. SOOOO much more space under the bonnet.

you have 2 mechanical actuators to control there aswell.......they may well cause you problems

I'll control the actuators/wastegates with the Profec e-01. It's got very powerful solenoid made for the BIG turbos, so it shouldn't be a problem. I'll have to splice the vacuum line, and the lag for opening the wg's will double, but if the initial lag is 0.01sec and it doubles to 0.02sec...... :D

ok.im only saying.............nothing, i repeat, nothing is a walk in the park

Toyota Electronics are a hard nut to crack.............and i think there lies one of your biggest problems.but as i said, good luck

OK, maybe I should have put the "walk in the park" in quotes... :lol:

And what comes to electronics, I've also noticed that IS200's ECU is way too "smart"... :blink: But I'm counting on bigger 440cc injectors and Greddy's Boost Limiter Cut -feature. With that you can clamp the voltage from the MAP to ECU, and make it never see the boost, so it won't do the fuel cut. Under boost conditions the Emanage will be reading from it's own boost sensor. I also have AEM UEGO to take care of the correct fuelling.

And if these won't do, I also have O2-simulators, to prevent the ECU making it's own corrections (=leaning back the mixture).

Think I'll be even in the half way with these? :unsure:

Toyota Electronics are a hard nut to crack.............and i think there lies one of your biggest problems.but as i said, good luck

Thanks Mat(e) to remember me...... I KNOW!!!! :crybaby::angry: :tsktsk:

Not only to prevent the fuel cut, the hardest thing where everybody had problems on a turbocharged IS200 is to get enough fuel.

The fuel system is weak, mine leans out over 0.3-0.4bar.

Don't think that 2 turbos would spool up soo much earlier..... 1 turbo on 1L displacement.... not that much.

And it's difficult to make them running synchron..... but quite a difficult project.

And it would be a really good job if you can realize that. :winky: