Damer

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

SNAP!! :blush:

I was stuck in a car park and the car was sliding all over the place. I had Traction Control and Snow Mode on - it was still hard to get grip. Maybe I miss understood what snow mode does!

The car wanted to go sidewards all the time!! I was really surprised how bad it was!

I was getting terrible feedback through the brake pedal too! :excl:

Ironically when I turned the Traction Control and Snow Mode off i started to move!!

The SNOW button is there to remind you its snowing outside

press it and it lights up, just incase there is too much snow on your windscreen to see it's snowing outside...

cant think of any other use for it

press it and it lights up, just incase there is too much snow on your windscreen to see it's snowing outside...

LOL! Pure comedy genius, love it!

absolutely, well done mr brett!

must admit i've loved the snow today, sitting inside watching as it all came down, all nice and warm!

That's a relief. I'd thought it was part of the climate control system.

Hadn't dared press it for fear of what might start spewing from the air vents :blush:

Has anybody else noticed that the fuel economy gauge is much better when you press the SNOW button?

Try this - when your crusing say 60 / 70 standard pace, check out the MPG gauge usually hovering around 25-30mpg and press the SNOW button and check out the gauge!!!

On the whole I don't think the SNOW button is a bad thing it just reduces the power when you accelerate.

I used to have a 3 series and that was just as bad in the snow if not worse as it didn't have a SNOW button.

Has anybody else noticed that the fuel economy gauge is much better when you press the SNOW button?

Try this - when your crusing say 60 / 70 standard pace, check out the MPG gauge usually hovering around 25-30mpg and press the SNOW button and check out the gauge!!!

Isnt that dangerous?? I've got an auto..

I've noticed it reduces the power when u accelerate (what i can remember from back in January)

Hmm, this all sounds a bit dodgy....Is the IS200 particularly bad during snow? Or are all cars equally bad? I had a civic before, and that used to love the snow- used to take over driving whilst I used to sit back close my eyes and skate straight into the middle of busy junctions. And does the snow mode actually work or is it one of those pretty buttons like all the flashing ones in the star trek space ships? I think I need some sleep/drugs.

well the IS is my first rear wheel drive car so I dont have much to base it on, but I have never been stuck in snow, it slides a bit more, the traction light flashes and away you go again

if you really get stuck, turn off the TC and spin your way out and turn it back on when you get going.

it is very different to fwd.

Hello and a Happy Christmas to you all

The IS is my first RWD car, and it scared the hell out of me the other night! Was driving back from work at about 1am, no snow, just some frost on the road. Car develops an interest in going sideways!! I crawled home at 30mph (in a 60 zone) convinced I was going to hit a tree. Getting up the steep drive with narrow opening was another 'challenge'! I now see what you all mean about winter driving in this car, think I'll get myself a cheap 4x4 to use from November to March.

Take care folks

Amanda

I found the best thing to do in snow was to turn off TC altogether, as you cant get any traction on the snow.

Also if you car starts to drift & TC cuts in, you up the proverbial creek without a paddle  :crying:  :crying:  :crying:

Stuart

So does anyone know what exactly is the safest way of driving in the snow? Fortunately i haven't had to deal with it yet, but with the shi**y traction system we have, won;t the wheels just endlessly spin, therefore the engine won;'t let you rev??

Certainly do mate!

Don't go out in it if you can help it..... Don't think its the car, although it don't take much to end up the wrong way. You just got to be extremely carefull, we've got tires that are made for road use, so like I say, if you can, avoid going out in the snow & if you do have to, don't accelerate until you're out of a bend, ect.

All common sense really.

Good luck :driving:

Stuart