Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Please Help Me - Remote Locking/key Stopped Workin

Hello All

I hope someone can help me here!

Today I locked my car with the button on the key, but when I came back to the car (about 5 minutes later) they key would not work.

I ended up calling out the RAC who were not able to help.

I have been able to unlock the dorrs (setting off the alarm) and I can now drive the car, but I cannot re-arm the alarm or use the central locking because the car won't react to the key.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated - I could really do without this so close to Christmas.

Thanks

Phil

Hi Thanks for answering!

The other keys have been sitting in a drawer since I got the car (earlier this year) and they both seem to be flat. The light does not work on either of them.

The main key has been tested by the RAC is the Battery is still fully charged (3v), and the light flashes everytime you press the button.

I have no idea what else could be the problem.

Anyone any other ideas?

Phil

It will be covered by warranty. They should even replace the locking ECU as early ones had a fault of loosing their programming.

I would try and take the Battery from your key and try in one of your spares. It may have only lost programming from one key or the key may be faulty.

thanks for that suggestion - I think I will give it a try.

However, If I remove the battery from the key, will it 'forget' its programming?

Will I have to recode them somehow?  Or do they permanently remember their codes even without the battery?

Phil

The keys have a hard coded code in them - there is nothing for them to lose, it's the car that is programmed to work with the key.

Thanks!

It may only take 10-15 mins at the dealre, but the dealer is about an hour away so it might have to wait tll after Christmas, just hope nobody tries to nick my car without it's alarm

:-(

I'll tell you what I will do for you: Since it is Christmas and all, if you tell me where you have parked your car, I will keep an eye on it and make sure it doesn't fall into the wrong hands. No need to thank me, honest.

Thanks!

It may only take 10-15 mins at the dealre, but the dealer is about an hour away so it might have to wait tll after Christmas, just hope nobody tries to nick my car without it's alarm

:-(

Nott'm is about 1/2hr from Mansfield, unless you deal with Sheffield?