Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Why Lexus?

Kazi

Although it's just enough to look at them, but what made you decide Lexus over any other cars you was interested in?

Why Lexus and not BMW or Merc etc.....

Im just curious!!! :lol:

bmw and merc are not very well built and are not realy a drivers car!

plus the sales and after sales is so much better !

Was looking at 4 car before looking at Lexus.

Reasons why Lexus.

Money for value - had more to offer then the other 4 cars.

Good driving position

Depreciation of the car

Looks - exterior and interior

Having access of knowledge via LOC

Didn't want to fit into the same pigeon hole as my colleagues - in Sales.

Just wished it had more power.

:driving:

I was looking at A BMW aswell, and as youy all point out, poor value for money, a BMW is very common and Lexus depreciation is not as bad.

Its funny you say once you've had one, you will never want anything else......

Very true! :P

I only went out to get cables for my PC and I landed up buying a Lexus. We had a Renault Scenic (don't laugh) that had a few problems. I visited a Mazda dealer and looked at the Mazda 6, then the wife said what about a Lexus. At first I thought the Lexus was out of my price range but when I saw the car and price I bought it. So it the most expensive PC cables ever!!!!

I only went out to get cables for my PC and I landed up buying a Lexus.  We had a Renault Scenic (don't laugh) that had a few problems.  I visited a Mazda dealer and looked at the Mazda 6, then the wife said what about a Lexus.  At first I thought the Lexus was out of my price range but when I saw the car and price I bought it.  So it the most expensive PC cables ever!!!!

On a positve note, a woman recognised a Lexus. Thats impressive, most birds i've spoken to are like ....a what??

Interesting story.

I only went out to get cables for my PC and I landed up buying a Lexus.  We had a Renault Scenic (don't laugh) that had a few problems.  I visited a Mazda dealer and looked at the Mazda 6, then the wife said what about a Lexus.  At first I thought the Lexus was out of my price range but when I saw the car and price I bought it.  So it the most expensive PC cables ever!!!!

On a positve note, a woman recognised a Lexus. Thats impressive, most birds i've spoken to are like ....a what??

Interesting story.

I had always like the Lexus IS200 when I saw it back in 1998. I now own one and I live it to bits. I really can't see me buying any other make now.

It was the sound that did it for me..........

I have an auto and i just love what happens when it drops a gear and shoots off down the road, Without a doubt its the most comfy Car i have ever owned.

I only wish i hadnt had so many beers this morning and i would be out driving her now.

Nick

was looking for a car with a good sat\nav saw a lexus in the garage at work thought that will do so brought that .................been regreting it ever since  :angry:

Why is that?

Wow where do you want me to start

First the car has been ultra reliable 1 good point

Paintwork!!!! If a sparrow farts on it you end up with a chip for what is supposedly a luxury car this is just not good enough.

Wheels that corrode not good enough I think that’s why they started doing black wheels coz they could not cure the flaking.

My company car before this was an Omega, I had it for 3 years and they guy before me had it for 2 years it had 155k miles on it when sold all motorway had 3 stone chips and no flaking wheels and that from a Vauxhall I now use a Saab the same no chips and no flaking the front of my Lex looks like it been peppered by a shotgun

The Lex has electric seats but what’s the use without memory the omega had 3 memory setting and they worked the seats, mirrors in and out

The boot is very small and even smaller when the hinges come down. I now carry a roof rack in the boot as anything bigger than a pizza would have to go on the roof.

It is unbelievable slow and amazingly jucie I have to keep stopping to look underneath to c if the tanks leaking how can a car that’s that slow drink so much.

It has almost zero grip on anything but an ultra dry road

The only decent bit is the sat nav and that’s not that great just bought a 04/05 disk and it hasn’t got post code input or the M6 toll road

I have found the Lex staff at Woodford very helpful but there prices outrageous

I have had many Jap cars most did exactly what they where supposed to

I don’t think the Lex measures up to all the hype at the end of the day it’s just a posh Toyota with nice back lights

Sorry guy’s but that’s how I see it :angry:

Easy chef, Toyota maybe, but they are now the second biggest car manufacturer. Will agree on petrol, they suck!!

Dones it matter who the parent company is???

Fiat own ferrari

VW own Audi and Lamborgini

GM own Mercedes

Ford own Jag and Austin Martin

its no big deal.

Take on board your points made. :shifty:

kazdul rant over mate not knocking Toyota my pickups Toyota and it's great all my rant was is that it's marketed as a luxury car I just don’t think it lives up to it maybe it's just the baby lex, last year at my firm they changed all the cars the directors are driven around in from merc's to lex’s and the guy's still say how good the lex's are so maybe it's me expecting to much, that’s it I’m done now :D :D :D

Happy Xmas All

kazdul  rant over mate not knocking Toyota my pickups Toyota and it's great all my rant was is that it's marketed as a luxury car I just don’t think it lives up to it maybe it's just the baby lex, last year at my firm they changed all the cars the directors are driven around in from merc's to lex’s and the guy's still say how good the lex's are so maybe it's me expecting to much, that’s it I’m done now  :D  :D  :D

Happy Xmas All

The IS is a harder ride, my uncle has got a GS430 SE and its super smooth!!!

Have a great xmas :driving:

Interesting story.

i am a woman and the only car i wanted was a lexus.........i love it

Always liked the look of the mk1 sport and whilst out looking for a landcruiser i spotted it staring at me in the lexus garage next door :driving: ,i tried to resist and look the other way but the bugger got me in the end :P so bought it on the spot and it has been the longest i have ever owned a car.Will be up for sale around febuary as i need something bigger and have been putting of selling it for about two years now ,realy wish i could keep it as a second car but the prospect of two lots of tax insurance etc is just to much :angry: .has to be bought by someone close as i still need to visit it every now and then to ease the pain of having to sell :lol:

It was an easy choice for me - basing it mainly on all the positive reviews etc. about the car, both from real owners, and the Top Gear car surveys. Considering I was not gonna get a Jag, or the S2000 (expensive insurance), the IS200 was the most obvious choice. :driving:

Absolutely no regrets so far (even though i've barely had it 48 hours!!!) :D

Happy New Year everyone! :luck: