Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tte Bumper..... Finally

hongsit

Just got myself a TTE (sports) bumper. Will now need to get it painted and fitted.

Obviously, I'm not asking Lexus to do it, i'm going to my local body shop, which looks ok, always plenty of cars in there and some nice cars too :)

My questions is, do I ask them to cut the holes in the new tte bumper for the washers, or shall I leave the washers off. I hear its not as simple as just cutting the holes out, some other modifications to the brackets is needed, (whatever, whereever they are). Can I trust them to make sure they do everything necessary, will they know that they need to do this?.... do they have to do these mods, what will happen if they don't? Is it more hassle than its worth?

btw I have a sports model, if it makes any difference.

I have also heard that some tte bumpers are not a perfect fit. :duh:

Looking forward to putting this on (Currently sitting in my bedroom taking up a lot of space), works out well, as some git has damaged my current bumper..

Sorry for long post.

TIA

Just got myself a TTE (sports) bumper.  Will now need to get it painted and fitted.

Obviously, I'm not asking Lexus to do it, i'm going to my local body shop, which looks ok, always plenty of cars in there and some nice cars too :)

My questions is, do I ask them to cut the holes in the new tte bumper for the washers, or shall I leave the washers off.  I hear its not as simple as just cutting the holes out, some other modifications to the brackets is needed, (whatever, whereever they are).  Can I trust them to make sure they do everything necessary, will they know that they need to do this?.... do they have to do these mods, what will happen if they don't?  Is it more hassle than its worth?

btw I have a sports model, if it makes any difference.

I have also heard that some tte bumpers are not a perfect fit.  :duh:

Looking forward to putting this on (Currently sitting in my bedroom taking up a lot of space), works out well, as some git has damaged my current bumper..

Sorry for long post.

TIA

hi mate, if you want the washers on and you have all the parts off you old bumper the body shop should know what they are doing (this may cost extra to do) no you dont have to have it done, lots of members have the tte bumper on (me to) and dont have the washers fitted, if you dont have it done they will just block the pipe to your washers, sport or se both the same bumper, tte bumpers fit ok, copys might not fit perfect, :ph34r: so get it out of your bedroom and on the lex :D

Just handed over my bumper to spray and will book it in after new year to get it fitted.

£160 - £180. Thats cheap i think?

I hate it when things sounds too cheap.. u know the saying "u get what u pay for".

But they seem to have loads of cars in there all the time, doing body work etc. Been there for years too, ever since i can remember.. so hopefully it will be ok :unsure: fingers crossed.

The body shop is Sovereign Cars in Croydon. Anyone had any work done by them?

Still unsure about the washers... he siad, he will see how easy it is and then I will decide.

I know the place. Actually, my dad knows the owners from ages back.

I scraped my front wing getting into the garage once. The ginger haired bloke in the paint shop sorted it out for me. This was a year and a half ago. No issues at all. My Lex went there for it's first MOT also.

You should be ok with them.

• 3 weeks later...

i got a few good body shops near me.

some wowwypop droves into my front bumper and scraped it all up and went to my local body shop and told him to respray the whole bumper rather than jsut the damage!! im a fussy git!!

only cost me 80 quid

job was spot on and i use him all the time.

cuz of his value for money i send him a lot of business so i get a good rate!

gota get rear bumper done in new year same again 80 quid!!

sorry it took me ages to get back witht he number.

the body shop i use is

auto spray paint ltd

unit 19

joseph wilson industrial estate

millstrood road

whitstable

kent

01227 280002

my brother is currently having pratically all of his 330 ci bmw sprayed

and he done a lot for me always top notch work

keep me posted!! :D

sorry it took me ages to get back witht he number.

the body shop i use is

auto spray paint ltd

unit 19

joseph wilson industrial estate

millstrood road

whitstable

kent

01227 280002

my brother is currently having pratically all of his 330 ci bmw sprayed

and he done a lot for me always top notch work

keep me posted!! :D

Thanks pal, I assume from the area code, it's near canterbury?? I'm near Maidstone..

But thanks for the info B)

yeah its in whitstable and i will put pics ups if u wanna see my bumper after they done it.

my brother has got his bmw 330 coupe in there at the moment they doing the bonnet and bumper, 2 front wings adn rear bumper it gotta be a good job being a bmw and my bumper was wkd. they took it right off and done it all properly

i cant say how much they gonna charge you for kits adn stuff but he has basic prices ie bumpers 80 quid bonnets 90 quid etc etc cant member how much other parts were wasnt really listening to him

but i turned up to collect my car after they done it adn they wash cleaning it for me. so i am more than please to recomend

any one who goes there please say i sent them jsut say it was ben witht he orange lexus alwasy good for me then

cheers

yeah its in whitstable and i will put pics ups if u wanna see my bumper after they done it.

my brother has got his bmw 330 coupe in there at the moment they doing the bonnet and bumper, 2 front wings adn rear bumper it gotta be a good job being a bmw and my bumper was wkd. they took it right off and done it all properly

i cant say how much they gonna charge you for kits adn stuff but he has basic prices ie bumpers 80 quid bonnets 90 quid etc etc cant member how much other parts were wasnt really listening to him

but i turned up to collect my car after they done it adn they wash cleaning it for me. so i am more than please to recomend

any one who goes there please say i sent them jsut say it was ben witht he orange lexus alwasy good for me then

cheers

Nice one i will have to pop in there as im going to need some work on my IS soon, i need my Bonnet and bumper doing, :whistling:

cheers

Nice one i will have to pop in there as im going to need some work on my IS soon, i need my Bonnet and bumper doing, :whistling:

wkd well let us know when ya gonna give him a bell i might phone him tom and let him know he may be expecting some calls jsut to guarantee ya all the best prices. your only in graves end if u pop down to the body shop let me know i would like to have a nose at ya motor, or if u get stuck for transport getting back home, im after sorting my front lights out and getting the orange bit out?? any ideas on the easiest way of doing it?? and where i can get some dde's from!!!

cheers

Nice :)

If you want to do the body I'd do the rear bumper spoiler and then the sideskirts..

What about an upgraded exhaust too for a little more power?

Or maybe lower the car slightly on Eibach springs? They were a better ride IMHO than the standard springs, smooth as anything!

Not sure where you're at though mate?

By the way i left the washers off becuase it was too much hassle to do. I'm not too bothered anyway.. likes nice either way :)

By the way, does anyone know where I can get the blanking plate for the headlamp washer switch, or do I have to go to lexus?

Is it easy to fit?

No fixings come with it, just the grill, but I think, its just a matter of using the existing bolts on the original grill, so its a straight swap. Someone correct me if im wrong.

The grill came with the car when i bought it, so i didnt fix it on myself. But i know the previous owner only just bought it.