Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Supercharger Dyno

dboey

• 2 weeks later...

TRD 328,

By the looks of your graphs, I do think that your car needs a little more tuning because both the torque and power delivery are not particularly smooth. You've certainly got lots more out of the car but it may need a little more careful setting up on a dyno.

Do you have any further tuning / mods in mind? The work you've done so far is really cool.

I am curious, though, how your car is developing its stock maximum power in excess of 7000rpm. The stock rev-limiter is set at 6200rpm and all IS200s I've driven religiously refuse to go above that. Did your car already have some mods before you had the stock dyno run done?

the car is running with 140.8kw at rear wheels now... im trying to find the graph for the readings.. but not sure where i put it.. might have to get AVO to post it on their site... the newer graph should be more smooth coz the other graphs i have on hand with less power have a very smooth line... the above graph is with the fuel pump and not yet tuned.

as for the rpm.. i think the final gear changed that a bit...

[Edited on 10-6-2002 by TRD328]

• 2 months later...

i've just done the conversions on TRD328's dyno and the power loss from crank to wheels is very high on the auto box:

wheels: 79.8Kw

hp to kw conversion: * 0.746

HP = 79.8 / 0.746 = 107HP

Engine HP = 155HP

Loss = 30.97% !!

Now:

wheels = 140.8KW

Engine = ( 140.8 / 0.746 ) / 0.6903 = 273HP

The manual box from dboey is more like 19.9%

I will be getting a dyno done soon, I'll post the results once its done.

Originally posted by dark_is200

The manual box from dboey is more like 19.9%

Hi dark_is200,

dboey is driving an auto IS200. I think different types of Dyno may give different result.

The readings from Dynopack (?) was taken by mounting the mechanism directly on the wheel hub (thus higher figure - 25% power loss) whereas the conventional dyno gets the readings from the spinning rubber tyre ( lower figure - 30% power loss).

correct ?

Hi. You duno chart is really good looking. I am finally getting my own supercharhger installation finnising. I have copied all TTE supercharhger parts but i will use GREDDY eManagement to tune my ait/fuel ratio. I have find installation malual of TTE Kit and there is nothing about piggypag ecu. WHole installation malual does not contain any part of installaing that ecu. I am little wondering that is there in TTE kit piggypag ecu at all. I know that Toyota:s ecu can handle easyly with lambda singal that SC:s changed air flow, but i am not sure. Any way, i will use GREDDY fine and beautiiful box to tune my installation. Like TRD got i also target in beginning to 280 hp, and next step is raise pressure to 1.2 bar. That will give me about 350 hp, with my really big intercooler.

Like i before ask from TDI they got some upgrade to TTE standard kit. I try to ask how much they spit that SC with teu upgrade pulley, i change my gear-ratio of sc that im engine RPM 6200 SC spins now 16000 rpm. Thats 1000 ower manufactes highest RPM. But i think that will work fine.

Instead like TTE do i will use that electrical cluch wich is in that SC unit, i will use that for 3 different purpose.

1 under 1000 rpm i dont need power

2 avoid cat problems with RPM limiter

3 control fuel economy with my ecu. SC only works if i need power, i got buttom inside.

i send my duyno charts soon i will get those.

At 1.2 bar you will run into a lot of problems though, I think you would want to change pistons and conrods before going to 1.2 bar. You will probably hit problems with the standard fuelling well before 1.2 bar, I think you would need at least a new fuel regulator, probably pump and injectors as well otherwise you are not going to be able to get the AFR you need. Gear box could also be a problem, see this thread for a bit of a discussion about it http://teamlexus.co.uk/forums/viewthread.php?tid=1921

How far have you got in this conversion so far and have you run into any of these problems yet?

Oh yes. I got JE pistons and rod inside already. My current compression rate is about 9:1 so detonation is not first bproblem with 99 octane gas. I is also bored 1mm oversized. I think my head gasget is wekest link in that installation. But i like to keep it that way. Its like fuse in that engine. Its much cheaper to keep that in wekes plase, that piston etc...

Next i lookin good (used) sequental gearbox to make gear changes faster.

Thanks for that ECu info. I only wondering because TTE installation manual doesn't contain any part of that. Mabye there is different part of instructions of that. I am wandering are TTE using UNCHIP to make that mod. There is also possibility to fool ait/temp singal to chane that calibiration of sensor to tell ECU that intake air temp is 25% colder that is really is, that way is also possible to get more fuel engine that normal. I wander how TTE make that.

Like i say, my gasget is STD. I don't know any shop , here in europe. Byt engine block is same that is 1G-GTE engine. Wich is twin turbo model. I am sure in japan is some tuning shop who sell that gasget also. There may be little diffrences in oil/water holes but those are easy to fix.

Hy TRD328

mmatecki: im not too sure what you are asking...can you explain it again??

In your dyno chart I recognize that of the stock engine over 7000U/min turn, which 1g-fe however limited with 6200U/min.

Question was, does why your stock engine turns so highly?