Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

well as some of you know i had a small ding thats turned out to be not so small..

The insurance guy went to see the car today and they say its borderline on being written off.. after pricing the parts needed (£2400) and the labour (£847) they say it might be written off. the guy is comming back to me in the morning with an answer after he has looked on the internet for a true indication of market price.. and i think i already know what his answer will be.. on top of that its be discovered that the passenger in the car has cracked a bone in his back and it looks like he is sueing me as well..so all in all not bad for a 15mph crunch into a kerb with wheel on full lock,,

heres hoping they wont write it off as i cant afford another lex just yet...

craig

Sorry to hear that craig ,look on the bright side though if they write it of you stand to get around £5000? ,you can buy the car back for around a grand ? spend two grand of it putting car back together with parts sourced from breakers etc and have two grand left to do with what you please .i had my van written off a couple of months back they paid out 6.5k and i bought it back for 1.5 k and did the repair myself for £500 :D

see what they offer you first craig , it seems like a lot of work but i'm sure once you get the bits of and get an idea what you need it wont be as bad as you think to do.might even be lucky and be able to source all the bits together ,i take it it needs wishbone ,rack , suspension leg etc,but no bodywork damage or has the chassis leg moved

tony.. Its all moved and bent backwards and under the wing also needs re fitting as its moved also ne hub and steering rods or whatever they are.. I have the full list at work

will wait to see what is said tommorow... maybe i can get a cheaper labour qoute and if i tell them not to include

pricing an alloy and tyre that might help..

craig if it is just the mechanical stuff thats bent it wont be to bad ,but if the leg has bent you will need to have it put on a jig ,if you buy it back let me know as i now someone in kent (swanley) who is good and will not charge you the earth to put it right ,yuo realy need to know the extent of the chassis damage if any .

errr... Sorry to hear it Criag, at the wrong time too, so close to Christmas...

All the best, hope things work out your way.

Hi Craig

I missed your story.

Sorry to hear about your situation.

I would not give up on the car, anything is possible these days and if you know where to look parts can be sourced.

Hope you get it sorted soon.

All the best

Keith

well thats it.. she has been declared a write off.. and as I cannot wait to get hold of parts and get it sorted and the geometary done and getting it back on the rd I am now getting another car.. not sure what yet but have got my eye on a couple.. sadly not lex though.. I have had a good time in her and met lots of very wonderful people on this site.. but dont worry I will still be about to annoy you all...lol anyway I have a few goodies to sell now..lol Like eyebrows /strut bar/ and my blitz air filter..

so its not good bye.. hopefully i will get a car worthy of going to jae with :D ..so might see you there... :P

Sorry to hear that mate, I'll never get over how quiet she was at JAE!!!

You've got to come down to the next one anyway, we need someone to have some banter with in the tents at 5am, don't think your mrs or kids would have approved of what you said last time!!!

So what are you thinking of going for, my next car is going to be boring as anything, JohnnyBoy broke me when he told me his Beemer does 700 miles to a tank and it costs less than I'm doing 250 miles for in the IS :(

well thats it.. she has been declared a write off.. and as I cannot wait to get hold of parts and get it sorted and the geometary done and getting it back on the rd I am now getting another car.. not sure what yet but have got my eye on a couple.. sadly not lex though.. I have had a good time in her and met lots of very wonderful people on this site.. but dont worry I will still be about to annoy you all...lol anyway I have a few goodies to sell now..lol Like eyebrows /strut bar/ and my blitz air filter..

so its not good bye.. hopefully i will get a car worthy of going to jae with :D ..so might see you there... :P

Hi Craig

Sad news indeed.

Looking at GS prices at the moment you surely could get another.

If you don't mind me asking I may be interested in a few parts depending on what you can remove without your insurance company knowing.

Let me know what you may have going.

All the best for 2005

Keith