Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Front Passenger Door Lock

rocky v 300

Hi all,

It all started when I went to get my car washed!!!!

The Valeter was trying to open the door from the outside and I was pressing the switch to open it from the inside, anyway a combination of the two has Bollockst the front passenger door lock

It just springs back to the unlock position even when pressing it forward manually

As you all know these cars automatically lock when going over 20 or 30 mph so when im driving in the city all I can hear is the doors trying to lock themselves constantly but without any joy

checked all the door fuses and everything fine!

Any suggestions Would really help me sleep at night as Im having to get up every so often to make sure its still there!!!

Best Regards

Merry Christmas and a happy New year And may your Aristo Run nice and without any problems for the coming year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like the solnoid spring has come lose or off, when the auto lock is not working, this would either be the door locks on the pillar are out of allignment or the spring on the inner solnoid has come lose. Spring on the solnoid acts as a fail safe incase something gets in the way of the lock when closing the door. Stops the lock or the any electroincs being damaged. Also helps when arming, the sensors pick this up and give a warning.

Hope this helps

BR

Paul

• 2 weeks later...

Intresting problem you have there, so when you flick the door lock it just unlocks again, seems to me like it thinks the door is open so it unlocks itself so you can shut it without damaging the locks, although your interior light probably goes out when you shut the passenger door, so could be the wiring in the door.

If you press the door lock switch on the drivers door, does it lock all the other doors, or do they all unlock again after locking?

• 2 weeks later...
Intresting problem you have there, so when you flick the door lock it just unlocks again, seems to me like it thinks the door is open so it unlocks itself so you can shut it without damaging the locks, although your interior light probably goes out when you shut the passenger door, so could be the wiring in the door.

If you press the door lock switch on the drivers door, does it lock all the other doors, or do they all unlock again after locking?

Hi

took the door panel off the other day and it is the lock cable which for some reason has become flimsey, (no tension in it).

Must be some in the other end in the solenoid.

Ive just bought a new one from lexus but havent yet fitted it so any suggestions before saturday morning could save me £122 :lol:

Regards

The Rock