Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

How To Change The Oil?

Nick The Greek

Thats not a problem, i've got all the tools to do the job myself.

Is there any documentation on where stuff is located, or do I need to search around the car myself?

Judging by the lack of replies, I take it no-one changes their own oil.

changing the oil is just the same as any car its the filter that is located well up underneath the engine thats all,its not worth the hastle unless you have ramps or a lift. :)

Thats not a problem, i've got all the tools to do the job myself.

Is there any documentation on where stuff is located, or do I need to search around the car myself?

Judging by the lack of replies, I take it no-one changes their own oil.

It's been discussed before. This link http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...wtopic=9657&hl= includes a description of where to find the filter (left-hand side of the engine, high up, just in front of the wheel).

i've searched the knowledgebase, and the forums, but havent come up with anything.

I want to change the oil in my IS200 myself, is there a guide around which can tell me where stuff is located?

thanks!

I've done a couple of oil and filter changes on my IS200 , read on....

1) jack up front of car , put on axle stands.

2) Remove under belly pan, this includes the 4" splash trim each side under the front.

3 ) Once under bell pan off, the oil filter is mounting on N/S of engine, up over the alloy engine mounting and also in line with the crossmember, its mounted in a very tight spot, once undone, remove old filter from back side of cross member.

3), before fitting new oil filter ,top up filter with new engine oil, let the level drop then top up again.( reason for doing this is help get full oil pressure on first start up , old motor trade trick !).

4) Fit new filter ,try to keep it up right , untill you screw it on .

5) Undo drain plug and drain out oil, ( if still hot , TAKE CARE ! )

if your buying your filter from Toyota/Lexus dealer , ask for a new drain plug seal.

6 )The rest of the job is like any other car, tighten filter, double check sump plug, refit under belly pan, add engine oil, start and run engine keep an eye on dash oil light, turn back off ,top up oil to correct level.......job done , just saved yourself a small fortune and have the satisfaction the the jobs been done correctly.

Bob B).