Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

MPG

IS-PW

About 27mpg going to work in Slough from Reading along the M4. Up to about 30mpg long distance if I'm careful.

When I worked out how poor the fuel economy was I asked the same question in case there was a problem with my car. It's not brilliant but it's one of very few negatives with the car.

I average about 32, but I do a longish, steady motorway commute (and I drive like an old fart :tumble: )

You have to bear in mind that it's quite a heavy car, is quite short-geared and doesn't have much torque low down, so with all the weight AND all the revs you need to use it's never going to win any economy prizes :P

That's it guy's use it up keep me in a job!

Hey brn7y, where do you work? Are you in the petrochem industry? I used to work for Lindsey Oil Refinery (Total/Fina) in North Lincolnshire. No free petrol though - except for senior managers. :(

javadude

I work in West Africa at the moment with an oil service company, we deal in the getting the stuff from the ground to the refinary. No free fuel but a nice expence account.

The IS200 gives a bit better mpg than my last car which was an Impreza Turbo.I got roughly 20 mpg from it and about 17-18 mpg if I kept the turbo spinning.Now I get about 27-30 mpg from my IS200

[Edited on 26-1-2002 by Chris Shipley]

It was a standard UK Impreza with 218 bhp

0-60 time was about 6.3 seconds.

The running costs were a bit high so I traded it in for a brand new IS200 SE.The new car costs were about the same but I got a lot more std equipment in the IS200 including satelite navigation

The Impreza is now in a salvage yard somewhere in the country due to the fact that the new owner lost control of it and drove it into a stone wall

It was a standard UK Impreza with 218 bhp

0-60 time was about 6.3 seconds.

The running costs were a bit high so I traded it in for a brand new IS200 SE.The new car costs were about the same but I got a lot more std equipment in the IS200 including satelite navigation

The Impreza is now in a salvage yard somewhere in the country due to the fact that the new owner lost control of it and drove it into a stone wall

Ouch!!.. i guess they do take a bit of handling... I do like the Imprezza, but what puts me off is the look... bit i would still have one though.

I agree the IS200 is a better looking car and has all the toys inside. But I think i would have gone for a Jap imoprt model for all the gadgets.

You made a good choice in the IS200

Used to have an Scooby Turbo myself, gave it up to save for a house. Great power and handling, but ***** build (cheap plastic city)and spec. Heard they are better now though.

The running costs were crazy! I had it chipped which made it worse. 15-20mpg.

Just like Chris the guy who bought mine wrote it off a week after he got it.