Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Looking for negative/positive comments about the long term use (more than 40K miles) of Bosch Platinum 2 plugs on a 1999 GS300. Not sure if this engine uses a waste spark ignition system. If yes, then has anyone experienced abnormal deposits/wear on the small platinum center electrode found on the Bosch 2 plugs?

When replacing the plugs, I take it that you must remove the throttle body to access the plug chambers? How is this accomplished (via the three bolts holding the throttle body to the intake runner)? A pictorial view would be immensely helpful.

TIA,

CP

I wouldn't use Bosch plugs, stick with the Denso/NGK recommendations in the owners manual or for an upgrade plug look at Denso Iridium Power IK16.

Yes the intake does need to be removed to get to all the plugs on the 300 engine.

Thanks for your inputs. Any reasons why the Bosch plugs would be bad for this engine? Also, could you please provide pictorial views to assist with the removal of the throttle body? It appears that I can remove the throttle body with 3 bolts holding the throttle body to the intake runners. Some have said 4 bolts?

TIA,

CP