Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dead Battery.

Bob King

When out to use the IS200 after the christmas holiday, just to find the Battery on its last legs, phone up my local motor factors, they had a Bosch in stock £47.00 :o .

I thought that was a bloody good price, when i asked was it a 3 or 4 year warranty, he replied "it has a lifetime warranty sir ".

Turns out Bosch now make a Battery called "Asia Silver ", and is made to conform to the japanese industry standards ( JIS ), and its also maintenance free :D , I new my Battery has been getting slower over the last few weeks , and this cold weather has finished it off.

Bosch have a web site where you can find your local dealer boschautoparts.co.uk :D

sounds good, i had my Battery die bout this time last year. changed it for one of the Halfords calcuim batteries. £59.99. cant fault it either. it has about 125 more cold cranking amps than the standard one too! well impressed. still as powerful in the cold as in the warm.

ahh thanks i been waiting for a post on batteries, mine isnt quite dead yet but ya can hear the old girl struggling in the cold mornings and its had a few recahrges in its lifetime. that price for that bosch one sounds quite good

gonna go and have a look about tom for a good Battery??

wat do you think is better the bosch one or the Halfords one??

ahh thanks i been waiting for a post on batteries, mine isnt quite dead yet but ya can hear the old girl struggling in the cold mornings and its had a few recahrges in its lifetime. that price for that bosch one sounds quite good

gonna go and have a look about tom for a good battery??

wat do you think is better the bosch one or the halfords one??

I worked as a mechanic for 18 years and Bosch is one of the best, and with a life time warranty you can't go wrong :D.

without looking at the Battery i am pretty sure the cold cranking amps were about 500. definately noticable too.

the calcium batteries also dont need topping up and are not affected by the cold etc. kinda cool too

Bobbyk, hello, so what type, make, price did you get and where from???

I recently got a Varta from my local wholesaler Barden for £36.00 cheers,gds

Make...Bosch

Type....Asia Silver,

Price...£47.00,

From local motor factor, with life time warranty :) .