Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help Needed With

mudzs

Have just downloaded the p.o.i from the internet and although it is showing as active on the screen i can not get the maps to display the cameras etc .do i need to have the gps active to do this or should i be able to see the cameras on the route planner before hand .have done all of the things they suggest on the internet but have had no joy .any advice welcome before i lose it and stand on it :D .the wife and kids have already taken cover from flying objects :shutit:

Have just downloaded the p.o.i from the internet and although it is showing as active on the screen i can not get the maps to display the cameras etc .do i need to have the gps active to do this or should i be able to see the cameras on the route planner before hand .have done all of the things they suggest on the internet but have had no joy .any advice welcome before i lose it and stand on it  :D .the wife and kids have already taken cover from flying objects :shutit:

I don't know how the Medion works but with TomTom you go to change preferences,

Then maintain POI,Then add POI

Hope this helps

also you may need to select what points of interest you want displayed on the map, as there are so many the map would be cluttered, so it lets you choose just the ones you want to see such as petrol stations and Speed camera for this instance.

Ive never used the medion but on my Tomtom software I need to load up the poi warner software first, then it loads up the gps software automatically and after i have planned a route the speed camera's are displayed as little speed camera pictures on the road side.

Right if you have the software downloaded onto the PPC thenstart up the POI first it will the n offer you a bar in the middle that says start monitoring......this will then open up the nav software and it should start up ok.

You will need to do some sorting out to make the POI show up where you want them too and so you dont have too many on the screen etc.

I think i have 40 on screen on one time which is sometimes too many espeicailly when you are in London, i cant think off the top off my head there is anything else that may stop it from working.

There should be an option as too which you want to display .......did you download any from the site yet??

If you still cant get it too work ill get mine from the car and have a look at it and see what happens.

Nick

thanks nick

it was my fault in the end ,i downloaded the poi software for £30 and see it came with all of the poi's i needed thinking that included the camera sites ,but it did not and i had to pay another £12 to have access to this feature ,just wish that was explained in a bit more detail on the site

Are you sure it was £30 + £12 im sure it was charged out in euros and in total it was around £30 for both programs, its i think pretty good value for money you can get a newvoice for the POI that arent speed cameras otherwise you will be getting very annoyed at every pizza hut and burger going like they are a speed cameras.

Did you look at the GPS world site i left the other day, there is lots and lots of info there to be found.

Nick