Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Owner

Billsy

After a few months of searching I am now the proud owner of a 2002 AS200 auto. It’s a silver one with the styling kit. Just thought I’d say hello. I have paid my gold fees and will be making use of those discounts that you all keep bangin on about :D

Some questions

1 Is there a spacer or adaptor for the UK front number plate? At the moment I’m bridging the recess using 2 stacks of plastic washers behind the plate, and long screws. Looks ok until steel screws go rusty :unsure:

2 Which headlight bulbs shall I get? I just want them to be as white and bright as pos. The Phillips Blue Vision bulbs get mentioned quite a lot. Are they up to the job?

3 Is this correct:

Main beam = 9005 HB3

Dipped headlights = 9006 HB4

Side lights = ?

Thanks for your help and merry xmas

Billsy

Hi mate,

mine had no no. plate surround either, but after my accident, the bodyshop decieded to screw the plate into the bumper which ****** me right off!!! means when i get shorter plate (personalised no. plate) i have two holes :(

If were you i'd leave it as it is, unless its falling off!

I bought some white lights from a group buy on the forum over 6months back. PM Zee and see if he has the same ones going.. mine are damn white!! made the world of difference.. failing that, speak to Mr Ellen and get yourself set of lovely ProLex UK HIDs :D

Welcome to the club... shame you woos'd out and got a auto :P

hehe...

hehe...

You got a problem with Auto's ? .... :D :D

If there slow yeh!

Although my other toy - 4.0ltr V8 chevy astro is auto.... but that shifts :D

Wht not silicone the plate on?...that way you'll have no screws on show :)

Damn. Didn't think of that. I might get another plate and try it. Although if I stick it to the bumper and not the recess it will be at a nasty angle.

Mark I prefer the uk plate to be honest.

hehe...

You got a problem with Auto's ? .... :D :D

If there slow yeh!

Although my other toy - 4.0ltr V8 chevy astro is auto.... but that shifts :D

To be honest I have found the RS200 tiptronic so much fun to drive and I really believe that it would keep up with a manual RS200 on UK roads. So far only a Porsche has kicked the shyte of me when we hit a dual carriage way but he did have a problem on the B roads trying to get away from me. So tiptronic can be useful and quick..if its a Tezza(Black).. and it boils down to who has the driving skills (as a few BMWs and Mercs has found out already when they tried to keep up)

Cant thank Scott enough for getting me this car!!!

You can but a double sided tape especially for number plates...  only a couple of quid...

This is what i use on all my plates....  top stuff, and looks much better than screws!!

can buy it from ASDA believe it or not!!!

I got some double-sided strips with the new plates, but I needed a back plate/adaptor thingy to hide the jap recess. I suppose I could have got one from Lexus? :duh:

Clive...yours aint no ordinary tezza!!!  lol 

By the time you`ve finished your ICE install, the car will need another 100BHP to race anything, with all that extra weight!!  :P

Mine too (90kilos in :() .... but boost should help ;)