Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mpg For First 15,000 Miles

Kevint

post-4830-1104494707.jpg

Fuel consumption for first 15,000 miles, I do a mix of commuting (5 miles in slow traffic) to much longer journeys around the UK on motorways and A roads. Average fuel consumption is 27.52 mpg, best is 32.09 and worst 21.49. I think I drive briskly, generally use BP unleaded. Total cost of fuel £2,041.14. Use RMRFuel on palm m100 to keep track.

Kevin

Is that on BP normal or BP ultra?

It would be interesting to see what difference, if any, running on shell optimax had on the figures.

Also, there seems to have been an improved trend in the middle of the graph was this during the summer months?

I use BP normal unleaded. Yes the middle of the graph was roughly the summer, I hit 7,500 miles in late July.

Kevin

Hmmm. Most useful :)

In my old car (A Saxo - yes, I went from a Saxo to an IS200!!!), using BP Ultimate definately did give more MPG.

I've only had my Lex a short while yet, and have not run through the existing normal fuel yet, but normally, i'd swear by BP U.:arrrggg-matey:

I've also heard that Shell Optimax is also better for MPG.

Happy New Year BTW!

:)

My spreadsheet contains a lot more than just the mpg :

Average Mileage (Weekly, Monthly, Yearly)

Average MPG

Estimated date for next service

Estimated mileage at 1 to 5 years old

the list goes on

I'm sad :geek:

• 4 months later...
Guys, help me out........

Is the trip meter in miles or km? I am a bit confused now, because I get 500(something) then my gas light comes on. Is this 500 miles or km?

trinilex

Try driving at a steady 100 out of town if you get knicked for speeding it in miles :D

Seriously would guess it's Km as I only get about 320 miles that equals 25 to the gallon if it is miles you are getting 38 to the gallon which I would guess is a bit high :hehe:

Which means if i am doing 500km, on 60l, (assuming there is approx 10L gas remaining after light goes on). That's uhhh?.........(%$$$**) only 24 mpg. That's terrible. I drive at granny speed not to increase my gas consumption. :huh:

I love this car but.......it burns too much :tsktsk: petrol!!!!!!

Which means if i am doing 500km, on 60l, (assuming there is approx 10L gas remaining after light goes on). That's uhhh?.........(%$$$**) only 24 mpg. That's terrible.  I drive at granny speed not to increase my gas consumption. :huh:

I love this car but.......it burns too much  :tsktsk: petrol!!!!!!

Yup bout right :D

Which means if i am doing 500km, on 60l, (assuming there is approx 10L gas remaining after light goes on). That's uhhh?.........(%$$$**) only 24 mpg. That's terrible.  I drive at granny speed not to increase my gas consumption. :huh:

I love this car but.......it burns too much  :tsktsk: petrol!!!!!!

If you drive "at granny speed" then 500 miles from a tank is possible. I usually get around 35 mpg for carefull motorway driving and have managed 40 mpg once!

You all seem to be very light footed....I don't do the sort of sums you guys do but I get an average of around 18MPG - VERY heavy foot!!! That's using Optimax (seems to run smoother !) in my IS200.

If you drive "at granny speed" then 500 miles from a tank is possible.  I usually get around 35 mpg for carefull motorway driving and have managed 40 mpg once!

Could be possible using the slipstream from a lorry :D

You all seem to be very light footed....I don't do the sort of sums you guys do but I get an average of around 18MPG - VERY heavy foot!!! That's using Optimax (seems to run smoother !) in my IS200.

18MPG blimey that's low, I would be checking all sorts including geometry, I noticed a slight improvement after I took mine to Dr Bones, went up from 22 to 25 :D

So generally speaking what seems to be better?

BP Ultimate or Optimax?

I use Optimax but I've never tried BP Ultimate.

Don't be conned by all the hype from the oil companies!

Fuel is a centrally marketed commodity and they all buy refined products from each other so when you pull into a Shell station you could well be filling up with fuel from Total, ExxonMobil, ChevTexaco etc etc.

So generally speaking what seems to be better?

BP Ultimate or Optimax?

I use Optimax but I've never tried BP Ultimate.

Don't be conned by all the hype from the oil companies!

Fuel is a centrally marketed commodity and they all buy refined products from each other so when you pull into a Shell station you could well be filling up with fuel from Total, ExxonMobil, ChevTexaco etc etc.

Absolutely Mr Morse all the petrol in Scotland comes from the same refinery in Grangemouth.

Was told that the only difference was that the Shell tanker drivers arrived with a can of "stuff" that they put in before they filled up and swerved around a bit on the way out to mix it up, viola Optimax :D