Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

xenodc

I have been reading the posts here since summer but this is my first post.

I moved from Canada to UK this Nov. and have to buy a car for commuting.

I was choosing between BMW 1series and Lexus IS series but eventually bought a silver 05 spec IS200 SE (picked up at dealer on 12/24 for Xmas).

Very nice car indeed. The funny thing is that when I was choosing the color, the dealer actually warns me not to buy a white Lexus, as it will be hard to sell later.

What's wrong with white cars? Do people dislike them for any particular reasons? I worked in Japan for a few years and everyone likes white car there.

By the way, what are the benefits of becoming a gold member?

Cheers

DC

I was choosing between BMW 1series and Lexus IS series but eventually bought a silver 05 spec IS200 SE (picked up at dealer on 12/24 for Xmas).

Very nice car indeed. The funny thing is that when I was choosing the color, the dealer actually warns me not to buy a white Lexus, as it will be hard to sell later.

What's wrong with white cars? Do people dislike them for any particular reasons? I worked in Japan for a few years and everyone likes white car there.

Cheers

DC

hi mate and welcome,being a gold member allows you to use the gallery to post pictures etc and to enter the gold forums ,chat areas so that the general public cant see etc ,also you can get good discounts from dealers.that reminds me i need to pay for mine,oops.i dont know what it is about white cars cause they look superb. :winky:

Cheers

DC

Enjoy the new car, you made the right choice! I'm just curious tho, was it just getting more car for your money that tipped you towards the Lexus or were there any other reasons?

BMW 1 series are, in my personal opinion, not a BMW at all. It's more like a VW golf try to disguise as BMW. The build quality of the car just feels ... hmm ... a bit cheap.

Reasons I choose Lexus over BMW,

1. more for your money as Parthiban said :)

2. the steering is lighter (wife likes it very much)

3. reliability. Father’s X5's air con dies in 2 month from new. Uncle’s 10 year-old 5xx was on fire. And I have to have my 325's air con, rear whip, headlight, CD changer etc. fixed.

But to be honest, BMW does offer better driving experience in "some" occasions.

White cars do not sell as well as other colours such as met silver black etc ,most dealers will not touch them as they just sit on the forcourt especialy prestige cars as they look like wedding cars .trade in will be affected as will non met blue cars commonly known as doom blue in the trade ,also they look like company cars and 99% of transit vans come in the same colour.i think the colour suits the is200 quite well and my sister in law had an mr2 in white and that looked fine .

Welcome to the club matie...  with regards white cars...  they are only harder to sell if they are a normal run of the mill car!  like an astra or something like that..

Sports and prestige cars are easily sold in white...

Happy motoring

Agreed, me for one would certainly not be turned of by a white lexus, bmw, merc.

do you not think that prestige cars such as the ls400 etc look like wedding cars in white ,sports cars in white sell ok but the same can not be said for prestige cars ,how many times have you seen a white gs or ls in a main dealer showroom,Not often i bet ,seems to me most pretige cars in white are imports and that could be someting to do with the hot climate they come from