Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Kumo Tyres

I've heard good things about these Kumo Tyres from this site and others i want to know if anyone here has fitted them and what they thought of them.

I know they're cheap but are they really as good as the OEM Bridgestones. I only managed 15K out of mine.

I've seen them for £65 which is a bargin but i don't to compromise on my cars handling ( or pay a fortune ) to change.

So anyone any experience with them.......

Fitted them on mine about 3 weeks ago. Only cost me £53 each. Well happy, saved a fortune and no difference i can tell to the originals. I will say though i only drive the Lexus a couple of times a week and dont abuse it when i do, there may be others on the club who disagree. The guy i bought them off was on eBay and i can highly recommend him. He has another set for sale but i notice his prices have gone up by 4 quid per pair. £110 for two £220 for 4.

I used to put Kuhmo tyres on my previous car (Toyota Celica GT)

I had to change the tyres every few months .... they are a soft compound and are crap !

I have to agree with Scarface. I had them fitted on my old LS400.

A real disappointment. Never again. It's worth the extra few quid for a better make.

Thanks for your replies don't think i'll bother with them. It's just paying £110 for the bridgestones sticks in my throat when they only last 15K. I'll try shopping around ( may even try the dunlops ). Thought it was too good to be true.

Anyone know a good place to get tyres in newcastle?

Some people really like the Falkens but generaly you get what you pay for, I am having two back tyres fitted on my service at the end of the month and have gone for the GoodYear GSD2/3 fitted by Lexus for £96 a corner.

Had Kumho KH11's on a previous car, they were too hard a compound, ok in the dry, but useless if it was at all wet/damp.

It you want a cheap tyre, lots of people here rave about Toyo's. I have T1S's on mine still, lasted well and give good grip etc. Delve into the 'Wheel and Tyre' forum for more info. I went through two years worth of posts before finally going for the Toyo's!

Cheers for all your replies. I've seen the Toyo's on E-bay for £62 each which is a bargin. I've tried the local tyre fitters and some will fit them but none will dispose of the old tyres. what do you guys do with the the old ones? Is this how they sting you into buying tyres they suppy?

Please help or its £110 quid each for the Bridgestones and for how long they last it p***** me off......

Cheers for all your replies. I've seen the Toyo's on E-bay for £62 each which is a bargin. I've tried the local tyre fitters and some will fit them but none will dispose of the old tyres. what do you guys do with the the old ones? Is this how they sting you into buying tyres they suppy?

Please help or its £110 quid each for the Bridgestones and for how long they last it p***** me off......

1 Find a farmer nearby who might want them for his silage pit

2 Find a playgroup who might want them to make swings

3 Find a racetrack who might want them for a tyre wall